Guest David Noble

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

About 5-6 years ago I was asked to just call pitches for a college evaluation "game".  7-8 college scouts in the stands, all with clip boards and guns.  Most pitchers throwing low to mid 90's.   They

13 answers to this question

Like that.

Ever had an ambidextrous pitcher?  
A pitcher, in little league, does not have the same opportunity to "switch".

The pitcher must use the same hand to deliver the ball to each batter and can only switch between batters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, beerguy55 said:

MLB changed the rule a few years ago that the pitcher has to declare and commit to a hand for that batter.

The Pat Venditte Rule.

About 5-6 years ago I was asked to just call pitches for a college evaluation "game".  7-8 college scouts in the stands, all with clip boards and guns.  Most pitchers throwing low to mid 90's.   They were changing out pitchers and base runners every half inning. A few innings in there's a kid on the mound throwing right handed.  Nothing special, mid 80's at best but threw strikes. I'm thinking why is he here?  A batter gets a hit.  It took me a couple of pitches to realize he is now throwing left handed. Equally as strong mid 80's, throwing strikes.  At the end of the inning he's walking off the mound and I walk towards him and ask to see his glove.  He had a custom six finger glove made to switch hands.  Pretty cool.

• Like 1
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.