West Vest decal for CP

bevanation
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1694 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I took the superfluous throat pad off of my Wilson Platinum CP and I’d like to get a nice West Vest decal to cover up that space and the stitching holes.  Anybody got a line on one?  Or even just the big plain “w” that some of the mlb guys have?

20 hours ago, bevanation said:

I took the superfluous throat pad off of my Wilson Platinum CP and I’d like to get a nice West Vest decal to cover up that space and the stitching holes.  Anybody got a line on one?  Or even just the big plain “w” that some of the mlb guys have?

OK, sorry, but why?  Why would you want that ugly huge yellow W?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, bevanation said:

I took the superfluous throat pad off of my Wilson Platinum CP...

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

21 hours ago, bevanation said:

I’d like to get a nice West Vest decal to cover up that space and the stitching holes.

giphy.gif

American Flag? A baseball sticker? Crossed bats? A sky blue star? A “No Step” sticker (off aircraft, or model aircraft)? A Rebel Alliance / Galactic Empire logo sticker? An Autobots / Decepticons sticker? Heck, the “LA” logo is even better than that “W”!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

American Flag? A baseball sticker? Crossed bats? A sky blue star? A “No Step” sticker (off aircraft, or model aircraft)? A Rebel Alliance / Galactic Empire logo sticker? An Autobots / Decepticons sticker? Heck, the “LA” logo is even better than that “W”!

Maybe an F followed by the numeral 3?

3 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

Withholding judgment ...

... but why would you want a decal for a product that is not what you have?  It would be like slapping a Porsche hood ornament on my wife’s Caravan.

Dress for the gear you want, not the one you have :D

A serious answer, many here on the forum's dislike Wilson's practices, so don't want to support them, but that's the gear they have.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Biscuit said:

many here on the forum's dislike Wilson's practices, so don't want to support them,

<——————————— And this guy (me) is their bandleader!

I’ve said it before... It’s not that I would not use Wilson gear. It’s that, if given a choice, I would compare the options based on qualities and characteristics, not on name; and – this is the crucial component – I would not buy it brand-new, full-price retail. 

Wilson gear is good, but it’s primarily comprised of obsolete materials and methodology. The justification for a premium price tag no longer holds merit; all we’re paying for is the name and MLB licensing logo on it.

• Like 1