grk17

Gold plates on F3 Chest Protector

This may be a dumb question but I saw @Razzer video on his Frankensteined F3 with Wilson Gold plates on it and I’ve read of other guys doing the same thing. Question is, how are you going about attaching the plates from the gold to the F3? I know Ray said it was just a couple of zip ties but I’m wondering how specifically these are attached.

7 minutes ago, grk17 said:

This may be a dumb question but I saw @Razzer video on his Frankensteined F3 with Wilson Gold plates on it and I’ve read of other guys doing the same thing. Question is, how are you going about attaching the plates from the gold to the F3? I know Ray said it was just a couple of zip ties but I’m wondering how specifically these are attached.

Well the top is done through the existing Velcro straps on the F3 through the plates of the Gold plastic 

9 minutes ago, grk17 said:

Keep in mind it may void any warranty and insurance.

1 minute ago, umpstu said:

Keep in mind it may void any warranty and insurance.

I’m actually not in the market to Frankenstein one of these I was just curious how it was being don

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JSam21 said:

Well the top is done through the existing Velcro straps on the F3 through the plates of the Gold plastic 

What you said and then you just put T-hooks on the harness and strap the hooks into the gold plates. I cut off the F3 straps as they get in the way. I didn’t do the zip ties like @Razzer did but it’s the same thing

Mine is F3 V1 with Wilson Gold Breast and T Hook Plate with Adams shoulder Caps which I used zip ties

1 ZIP Tie on bottom plate since I used the plastic buckles

7 hours ago, Razzer said:

Mine is F3 V1 with Wilson Gold Breast and T Hook Plate with Adams shoulder Caps which I used zip ties

1 ZIP Tie on bottom plate since I used the plastic buckles

this post is useless without photos!!!:wave::sarcasm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I recall old photos/discussion of Mark Wegner having a frankenstein'ed chest protector using Wilson/WV Gold black plates over what I believe was hockey padding.  An interesting rig Ill look for some pics.  Reminded me of the above pic.

But for those who have used zip ties, what are you zip tying to? In other words, what are you feeding the zip tie through to attach the plate?