Gold plates on F3 Chest Protector

grk17
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1713 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This may be a dumb question but I saw @Razzer video on his Frankensteined F3 with Wilson Gold plates on it and I’ve read of other guys doing the same thing. Question is, how are you going about attaching the plates from the gold to the F3? I know Ray said it was just a couple of zip ties but I’m wondering how specifically these are attached.

7 minutes ago, grk17 said:

This may be a dumb question but I saw @Razzer video on his Frankensteined F3 with Wilson Gold plates on it and I’ve read of other guys doing the same thing. Question is, how are you going about attaching the plates from the gold to the F3? I know Ray said it was just a couple of zip ties but I’m wondering how specifically these are attached.

Well the top is done through the existing Velcro straps on the F3 through the plates of the Gold plastic 

9 minutes ago, grk17 said:

Keep in mind it may void any warranty and insurance.

10 hours ago, JSam21 said:

Well the top is done through the existing Velcro straps on the F3 through the plates of the Gold plastic 

What you said and then you just put T-hooks on the harness and strap the hooks into the gold plates. I cut off the F3 straps as they get in the way. I didn’t do the zip ties like @Razzer did but it’s the same thing

Mine is F3 V1 with Wilson Gold Breast and T Hook Plate with Adams shoulder Caps which I used zip ties

1 ZIP Tie on bottom plate since I used the plastic buckles