Carlucci chest protrctor for sale

Jessica209
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1718 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Its $173, but it's a black one - not the cool blue one that's sought after more I believe.  I have no doubt it's a real Carlucci, but I don't like it as much as other ones I've seen.

EDIT: On closer inspection, padding is black I believe, but the plates are navy blue.  As Max points out below, the Carlucci tag is of course in his signature blue color.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

but it's a black one - not the cool blue one that's sought after more I believe.

Are you kidding? It was likely commissioned of Ol’ Man Cece to be made in black after some umpire caught (undue and unneeded) grief from an “evaluator” to the tune of, “Dammit, Roger, I don’t wanna see that blue sticking out under your Umpire shirt!”

Notice that the yoke is still done in that trademark blue. Huzzah.

Cece Carlucci was a true craftsman. If you fall within the measurements of this particular CP, you’ll be buying what amounts to be a rare, vintage touring car. It was made to be as low-profile yet protective as possible, and was only limited by the materials of the day. I would have loved to have seen what Cece could do with the vast array of modern materials now available to us. You think the Force3 UnEqual is innovative? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

Are you kidding? It was likely commissioned of Ol’ Man Cece to be made in black after some umpire caught (undue and unneeded) grief from an “evaluator” to the tune of, “Dammit, Roger, I don’t wanna see that blue sticking out under your Umpire shirt!”

Notice that the yoke is still done in that trademark blue. Huzzah.

Cece Carlucci was a true craftsman. If you fall within the measurements of this particular CP, you’ll be buying what amounts to be a rare, vintage touring car. It was made to be as low-profile yet protective as possible, and was only limited by the materials of the day. I would have loved to have seen what Cece could do with the vast array of modern materials now available to us. You think the Force3 UnEqual is innovative? 

Or, as in my case, I simply didn't like royal blue.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 5:09 AM, Jessica209 said:

I have this thing. It was found along with the chest protrctor. Im not sure what it is or what it is for. It seems to be made the same, handmade, as the chest protector.  Any help?

https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m16627242796/

My guess, based on the images? It’s a handmade boxing / sparring / kickboxing head protection.

If they were found together, it’s entirely possible that this HP and the Carlucci CP were used for sparring and training for hand-to-hand combat, small weapons self defense (think clubs and batons), and kickboxing / martial arts.

• Like 1