Lineup Card Holder Alternative

Ty97
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1704 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey everyone, all the leagues I work during the season do not have the umpires keep lineup cards. However, I work a tournament starting Friday that will require me to keep the lineup cards. I’ve done a few games where I had to keep them, and it was a pain to try to write and keep them without a holder.

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a makeshift lineup card holder that I could get in person at a store (Walmart, etc.), since I am not sure if an actual umpire’s lineup card holder would get to me in time if I ordered one online. Let me know what you guys use or would use if in a bind. Thank you!

Hit up a Dick’s Sporting Goods or SportMart (if still around), or a boutique soccer shop. Soccer referee card folders will work for your purposes, and are quite cheap. Soccer referees have to “book” everything.

I’ve heard of people using a cover from a check book with some cardboard slid into the pockets to stiffen it up. Would need to be in ball bag pockets, to long for shirt pocket. 

Old thread too 

Amazon’s prime

https://www.amazon.com/Adams-USA-Holder-Style-Black/dp/B07B9XHK2Z/ref=sr_1_1?crid=27WXGR89DFSS1&keywords=umpire+lineup+card+holder&qid=1563746368&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=Umpire+li%2Csporting%2C133&sr=1-1

You really just need something that will offer you a little bit of support (as a backing to write on) and a couple of small binder clips (see below).  A checkbook cover with some cardboard would do, but you might check the office stores for some kind of small pocket folder (or a notebook even).  Edit:  just read the other thread posted above ... the passport holder looks like a great option!  For what it is worth, I have used the cheap little $5 ones I pick up at my USA Softball clinic every year.  Just a few weeks ago I splurged and ordered this: https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Bags-Tools/Writing-Materials/ULF-PRO_Pro-Grade-Magnetic-Book-Style-6-Umpire-Lineup-Card-Holder-Game-Card-Referee-Wallet  It actually earned me some coach compliments at the State Tournament I worked this year.  It does help to present a more professional image at your plate meeting!

825182_o01_office_depot_brand_binder_cli

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, Ty97 said:

Hey everyone, all the leagues I work during the season do not have the umpires keep lineup cards. However, I work a tournament starting Friday that will require me to keep the lineup cards. I’ve done a few games where I had to keep them, and it was a pain to try to write and keep them without a holder.

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a makeshift lineup card holder that I could get in person at a store (Walmart, etc.), since I am not sure if an actual umpire’s lineup card holder would get to me in time if I ordered one online. Let me know what you guys use or would use if in a bind. Thank you!

Order one from Ump-Attire right now and it will be there by Thursday.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:04 AM, The Man in Blue said:

So ... what did you do?  :question1:

Hey sorry I forgot to update! Ended up going to Walmart and using a black leather passport holder. Works just fine. Thanks for the suggestions all.