The Short Umpire

All-Star Mag Throat Guard

On 12/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, acpar72 said:

I missed this, i apologize....Chris was using the steel frame at the end of 2019.

https://www.closecallsports.com/2019/09/mlb-ejection-204-chris-guccione-2-dale.html

Sorry @acpar72, I missed this - didn't realize you already highlighted it was the steel frame - great catch!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:30 AM, Thunderheads said:

A few thoughts here ......... sorry ..........late to the party :rolleyes:

I actually thought that CGs throat guard was a chopped All Star mag TG (shortened), but @wolfe_man is correct ... it's not and it looks "home made" to LOOK like the AS TG.  FOR ME...I don't see his "dangling" ....so I thought it was actually 'welded' in place, ...but I'm probably wrong (maybe not?)

Anyhow ......

I have a MAG w/ the 'graphite' pads, and I use an All-Star plastic TG (6") and have no problem looking down when I do (not often).  I understand the irritation w/ the TG not allowing you to move your head however, because for a short time, I had a Nike steel (Titanium copy style) and you can't use a TG in the standard position!  One glance down and it'll move your mask! :D 

Anyhow, .... YMMV, but .... I again, I have no problem w/ my AS TG under my MAG.  Photo attached

FINISHED MAG.jpg

What sun visor is this?  I am having issues with reflection off my silver fm4000mag, to the point it seems as if I'm seeing stars, like a hard shot to the head.

22 hours ago, umpstu said:

What sun visor is this?  I am having issues with reflection off my silver fm4000mag, to the point it seems as if I'm seeing stars, like a hard shot to the head.

That is a genuine @Thunderheads original!

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 10:04 PM, umpstu said:

Yes.  I made that.  I took a Honigs sunvisor, placed it up against an original FM4000 frame w/ pads, marked it, and cut it w/ a carpet knife.  Took me about 30+ minutes to do it right, nice and slow.  It looks 'ok' ... that photo you're looking at actually looks better than it does in person :)

• Haha 1