UTD Umpire Camps

UTD Umpires
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1731 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Thanks for the add! Looking forward to interacting and the discussion.

We are Umpire Training and Development Camps - we run umpire training and development camps under the instructional directives of Troy Fullwood. Mr. Fullwood is the current NCAA Division 1 Conference Coordinator for the ACC, CUSA, and the Big South. 

Check us out some time at www.utdumpires.com.

White Logo Final.png

I'll admit that I'm not an NCAA umpire and never will be, but..........

On your landing page you have an umpire with backwards heel-toe stance, and an umpire woefully out of position on a play at the plate.

Welcome to U-E!

We’d love to have you at camp if you think the plate guy is out of position. Woefully :smachhead:

The website has been updated- we had some technical issues. Thanks for the heads up. 

As for the plate guy in the stance - he’s working the plate with the inverted heel toe stance:HS  which Im sure has to do with his slot being squeezed on that pitch. That’s a photo from the ACC Championship Tournament - former AAA guy. The guy who is woefully out of position - former CWS umpire - the play went to replay - he nailed it. 

We’re not here to argue. We’re just sharing information. I just encourage you to find a camp to continue getting better. Just like we’d also recommend MidAm’s camp in Springfield. Go get training. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 4:45 PM, LMSANS said:

I think you need some more detail on your website.

Do you only train for college umpires?

We have guys from high school through the Power 5 attending. Troy Fullwood will be at each of them with a talented staff from the ACC/SEC staffs. 

2 hours ago, yawetag said:

I'll admit that I'm not an NCAA umpire and never will be, but..........

On your landing page you have an umpire with backwards heel-toe stance, and an umpire woefully out of position on a play at the plate.

Welcome to U-E!

Something about working the plate at higher levels, getting the pitch correct is number.  That will cause for some unconventional stances at times.  Get the pitch correct.  As for the play at the plate, this umpire was in a near perfect position to see this play.  He has a direct line of sight to see the glove in relation to the runners body.  The institution of replay has caused an evolution with the way that plays at the plate develop and how runners acrobatically slide into the plate.  This is a great example of working to see the glove and runner coming together at the plate.  Plays at the plate are a big topic of conversation at UTD camps, along with working second base.  Before blatantly bashing an umpires position on a forum like this, you should help to educate yourself on how plays should be taken now.  I can speak from personal experience that UTD camps have top notch instruction and keep up with the latest  philosophies when it comes to taking plays.  You will see a distinct correlation between what you see taught at these camps and what you see the best in the world do on tv.