National Anthem

lawump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1716 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

True story from this game: we entered the top of the 7th inning at 1:15.  The visitors were winning 4-0.  The PA announcer then starts cracking jokes about us being "on a record pace"  and "this may be the fastest game in stadium history".  I knew exactly what was going to happen next.  The top of the seventh took two minutes (five pitch inning).  But then the home team scored 4 (not one, two, three or five...but four) runs in the bottom of the seventh.  We ended up playing 12 full innings in 2:59.

Some guys just deserve to be shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lawump said:

True story from this game: we entered the top of the 7th inning at 1:15.  The visitors were winning 4-0.  The PA announcer then starts cracking jokes about us being "on a record pace"  and "this may be the fastest game in stadium history".  I knew exactly what was going to happen next.  The top of the seventh took two minutes (five pitch inning).  But then the home team scored 4 (not one, two, three or five...but four) runs in the bottom of the seventh.  We ended up playing 12 full innings in 2:59.

Some guys just deserve to be shot.

We all would have been thinking the same thing.  It's like when a base coach walks by you and says, "Wow, this game is really moving."  I just want to slap him.

Did a 10U LL game that started out 40 minutes late due to one teams personnel issues.  Anyway thank God in the 95 degree muggy as hell day that the HT 10 ruled the other team in 3.5 innings.  I swear I do not know if I would have made it to 6.

Don't know what game time was but I was there 2.5 hrs in my gear I know that.

Btw looking good out there blue..

4 hours ago, umpstu said:

What field is this?

Ballwin Athletic Association

7 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

And you're there to make sure rules are followed?

For the most part