ISO Team wendy shin guards

Umpire43
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1683 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

There’s an old video of Ed Rapuano showing off his TW retrofitted shin guards (believe they were Honigs K20s) and retrofitted CP (believe it was a really old WV).  I believe at the time Ed was doing endorsements for them.

I also don’t recall a lot of chatter on these boards of guys taking advantage of the shin guard retrofits.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, acpar72 said:

Dont feel bad.  Lots of guys have gone back to stock padding.  

I wouldnt have. Always hated how bulky the WV are. It's why I have spent WAY to much money to find a thinner mouse trap.

On 7/14/2019 at 10:58 AM, acpar72 said:

Dont feel bad.  Lots of guys have gone back to stock padding.  

I did a retrofit on a Gold and Platinum.  Felt the TW padding was very heavy and dense, like slipping on that bib when getting x rays.  I wasn't nuts about it and ended up selling all of them and went with a stock Douglas.  For mask pads, the TW are awesome but the CP retrofits weren't nearly as good.

I have done lots of work on TW retrofit cp's and I can to the same conclusion that if you take a shot you will feel it and some will hurt.

Some of the pro umpires confirmed this.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...