New Feature: Gliphy

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1703 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Giphy allows users to insert animated GIFs directly into their content.

Many social media sites have a version of Gliphy, but I've been able to enable it here with a new software release which came out earlier. 

To use:

Select GIF from the post menu bar and search by keyword. 

Gliphy.PNG

As of now I haven't put any rating restrictions on it but please remember to try and keep things at PG-13.

happy hour drinking GIF by Shake Shack

Personally, I find these really annoying, and of limited practical value.  At a minimum, is there a way to get them to stop palying after 1 (or 2 or 5) run throughs so they don't display constantly?

(I fully expect some curmudgeon gif to follow)

7 minutes ago, noumpere said:

At a minimum, is there a way to get them to stop palying after 1 (or 2 or 5) run throughs so they don't display constantly?

I fully expect some curmudgeon gif to follow)

bird no GIF by Cheezburger Your wish is my command.  :FIRE:

1 hour ago, noumpere said:

Personally, I find these really annoying, and of limited practical value.  At a minimum, is there a way to get them to stop palying after 1 (or 2 or 5) run throughs so they don't display constantly?

I found a couple pages that explain how to do that.

How to Stop GIFs From Auto-Playing in Your Browser

Disable GIF Auto-Play

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, noumpere said:

That is actually a great question. Let me see if there is anything I can do on my end. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 7:05 AM, noumpere said:

get off my lawn GIF by South Park