New Logo

yawetag
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1747 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Thanks the logo is just for the Holiday. It's another great design by @MadMax

I will be sticking with more of the current layout and color scheme. I got a lot of feedback from members about the too many colors of my former designs. 

Who remembers the site when it looked like this  circa 2008???

U-E 1-08.JPG

Or this from 2009...

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 11:46 AM, Richvee said:

It does look good. But I'd be happier if the "not secure" would go away in the address bar. 

That is on my to do list. I currently use a free SSL service, but it will only secure the login page. I need to look into a full site SSL. It hasn't been high on my priority list because the site doesn't have "much" private information. At most I have your email address and login in info for this site. 

If you purchase something from the Zazzle store your transaction is handled through Zazzle not through Umpire-Empire.

If you become a Premium Member that exchange is handled through PayPal. 

So I/ the site do not have any sensitive credit card information. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't remember the 2008 version, but I do recall all the others. I joined in August of 2008, so maybe the 2009 was already in effect? Or I just have horrible memory (which is probably the case).

We'll it turns out my SSL isn't the issue...  I have a handful of hard coding errors which are preventing the site from getting the little lock on all of it's pages. I also have 1 protocol error, but I'm not worried about that. It won't keep me from getting the lock back.

So I've got a little homework to do. But it might be fun..

image.png

4 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

Looks like I've fixed all the secure issues. The best I can figure if you see a page that says not secure it is because there is an external link/image that is not from a secured site. 

Nice. My address bar no longer says not secure. I didn’t think it was a big deal since, like you said, there’s not much personal info here, but it was always a bit unnerving seeing “ not secure” when browsing the internet. Thanks for fixing it. 

On 7/3/2019 at 1:40 PM, Umpire in Chief said:

Thanks the logo is just for the Holiday. It's another great design by @MadMax

I will be sticking with more of the current layout and color scheme. I got a lot of feedback from members about the too many colors of my former designs. 

Who remembers the site when it looked like this  circa 2008???

Or this from 2009...

Then there was 2010... Big SW conversion

And 2011 I got rid of the landing page and went straight to the forum home...

Been through them all...color is not your friend...:big_no