Gil

MLB Ejection 107 - Mark Ripperger (1; Ron Gardenhire)

HP Umpire Mark Ripperger ejected Tigers Manager Ron Gardenhire (ball two call; QOC) in the top of the 4th inning of the Nationals-Tigers game. With two out and one on (R3), Nationals batter Brian Dozier took a 1-2 slider from Tigers pitcher Gregory Soto for called second ball. Replays indicate the...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2019/06/30/tigers-ron-gardenhire-perplexed-latest-ejection-i-going-out-make-pitching-change/1611599001/

He's "perplexed" that he got ejected when he came out and said "... because you missed that pitch" (UEFL sidenote: he didn't)

Unreal.

As he was walking out, he said to Ripperger, "That's on you right there, man.  That was strike three."

Was he arguing balls and strikes?  Curse these infernal riddles!

Is it my imagination or have they all gone insane this year? It's really quite simple, you argue balls and strikes you get ej'd....

18 hours ago, blue23ll said:

Is it my imagination or have they all gone insane this year? It's really quite simple, you argue balls and strikes you get ej'd....

But, it is one of the 'few' things that is left to argue. Lots of plays that were within inches use to get argued but now they just IR things.

And if Sandy Alderson who likes to see arguing on pitches and wants to see umpires cower to the players even more, gets his way, look out for who/whomever takes over for Joe West. An attorney, aka Bellino might be the way to go to argue fire with fire.