Easy Pitcher Ejection

Minnz
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1739 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This may have been one of the easiest I have had in all my years.

T4 First batter on 2-2 takes a super close pitch, I ball it, catcher caught it horribly on a borderline pitch, honestly may have missed it and maybe should have been a K. Next pitch batter lines out to 3B, no harm done we got the out.

Second batter walks on a check swing I appeal and told no swing.

Third batter goes down 0-2. Catcher sets up just off the plate. Two straight pitches the mitt moves further out to catch the ball, so two balls there. On 2-2 pitcher spikes on, wild pitch, runner advances. On 3-2 comes inside, with catcher set up outside. It is a high and off the plate to me, ball four. Pitcher looks at me, "That's F*#King bullSH*#." I calmly say, "You're gone."

He spikes the ball and walks off the field. As he crosses foul line he looks at me, "That's F*#King SH*#, you're an embarrassment out here, that's a F*#King horrible call, you're a F*#King joke."

Summer League President was a the game which helped me in the end. Wrote my report and as told that pitcher will sit another four games now.  

What shocked me the most is the catcher told me he was happy to see him finally get ejected as him teammates are tired of his crap.  We are only three weeks into this summer league program. Half the season to go.

• Like 5