2019 Mid-American Umpire Clinic

MidAmUmp
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1666 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

The 2019 Mid-American Umpire Clinic will be September 5-8 in Springfield, Missouri at the Oasis Hotel & Convention Center and the all turf US Ballpark in Ozark, MO. 

The Mid-American Umpire Clinic is considered to be the best 2-umpire clinic in the country. Learn from the best! Get In The Game and register online at www.midamericanumpireclinic.com/home.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biscuit said:

I'm really thinking about it this year... I'm just not sure that I can justify it as I'll be taking two years off of umpiring after next summer...

That still gives you a full season to put it into practice. :-)

14 hours ago, Biscuit said:

I'm really thinking about it this year... I'm just not sure that I can justify it as I'll be taking two years off of umpiring after next summer...

Go... learn some stuff. Make contacts. Get better.

Anyone on the fence for this, I would highly suggest attending. I went in, *checks receipts*, 2010?! Holy hell, that's a long time ago.

The clinic was top-notch then, and I'm sure has only gotten better. I walked away learning more in a weekend than I had in 3 years of self-learning, local training, and websites like this. My only regret is that I never attended the 3-man clinic later in the year.

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder, the 2019 Mid-American Umpire Clinic is September 5-8 in Springfield, MO. I've attached our flyer. Keep in mind that Umpire-Empire Premium Members receive $25 off their tuition. We hope to see you there!

2019 Clinic Flyer.png

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, kylehutson said:

I'll be there!

5 hours ago, Biscuit said:

We're a week away from the clinic! Turns out I am going, and would like to know, who else is going?

Looks like the weather is going to be MUCH better this year than it was last year. Have fun. Work hard. Learn something.

1 minute ago, JSam21 said:

Looks like the weather is going to be MUCH better this year than it was last year.

That's too bad. ;-)

I learned a LOT from the instructors when we were "forced" to be indoors.

57 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

Looks like the weather is going to be MUCH better this year than it was last year. Have fun. Work hard. Learn something.

Primarily thanks to this site, I feel like my knowledge far outstrips my mechanics, so I hope we can use all our time outside!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Biscuit said:

Primarily thanks to this site, I feel like my knowledge far outstrips my mechanics, so I hope we can use all our time outside!

I was the same way when I went last year. It wasn't the rules knowledge that I got from the instructors. It was the "little" mechanical things that have made a big difference.

Hey everyone, who is in town for this Camp? I was not paying attention to the dates of the camp and I am actually in town today on business and will be staying the night at the DoubleTree, so if there's something going on let me know LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk