The Man in Blue

Handling the heat ... suggestions?

It does the same for me - their site is weird.  Go through the link, search for it, add it your cart.  You should see the 20% off.

I just came in from the back yard and had a package on my front porch ... it’s here already!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

It does the same for me - their site is weird.  Go through the link, search for it, add it your cart.  You should see the 20% off.

I just came in from the back yard and had a package on my front porch ... it’s here already!

Nope, didn't work.  Tried both on my laptop (Chromebook) and phone.  Thanks again!!! Hopefully I'll get a coupon soon (just signed up for text alerts, and the account) and they'll still be in stock.  I'm buying this as a backup to my primary (same Schutt model).  For the price if I can get the coupon it's a single missed game fee, so it's worth it (probably worth it otherwise, but with being out of games this year, and just finding out 2 of my kids summer jobs are gone I'm trying to pinch pennies.

:banghead:

Sorry @Rock Bottom... I didn’t read the full text message ... use the code SAVE at checkout.  Not a one-timer and good for anybody else here!

(My fault, every time I had used a text coupon before it was a link.)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

:banghead:

Sorry @Rock Bottom... I didn’t read the full text message ... use the code SAVE at checkout.  Not a one-timer and good for anybody else here!

(My fault, every time I had used a text coupon before it was a link.)

No problem. Still not working though -- UGH!!!!  Sorry, didn't mean to clutter this thread up - such a great deal and I can't get it. Wah!  LOL!  (They must have no one answering phone - I was on hold for a combined 2 hours today on 3 calls, and nothing.)

Hmmm ... says the code is good till 5/9 ... maybe try again later?

My apologies also ... I was trying to help!:shrug:

On 5/31/2019 at 11:46 AM, The Man in Blue said:

Best chest protector to provide the protection you expect but still breathe well in the heat?  I currently use the DaviShield and like the way it fits.  I’ve taken many shots and never been concerned.  I feel as if it doesn’t breathe very well, but I’ve never used anything else to compare it to.

Best uniform shirts and pants?  I feel like most of my shirts are too heavy for summer (granted, I’ve been somewhat cheap when buying shirts).  We don’t wear the MLB panel style around here; still the old navy, red and white collar or light blue with the black and white (not MLB style) collar.  I mainly work USA Softball in the summer and really like the weight of their new shirts.

I work softball as well and live in Alabama, where it will be 95 degrees with 85% humidity - just brutal.  I agree with you on the new USA shirts - they're pretty good.  If you are wearing plain, there are two shirts that are the best:

1. Cliff Keen MXS:  https://www.gerrydavis.com/product/B05SH20MX21/Cliff-Keen-MXS-Moisture-Wicking-Umpire-Shirt.html?cid=6

2. Smitty V2 "Body Flex" Shirt: https://www.mcssl.com/store/1-stop-sports/smitty-body-flex-powder-blue-short-sleeve-shirt

I looked for them on Ump Attire, but they don't carry them.  I think they have the Smitty but in MLB panel/alternate colors.  The link I posted is solid powder and the shirt is REALLY nice.  Only issue is that it shows sweat easily but hey, it's friggin HOT!!!  The shirts are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for in this case.

I have two chest protectors - One I use during college season that has pretty much full coverage; I've modified it for 6 months after inspiration from @MadMax and @Razzer and am finally happy with it.  I also have a second CP for Summer ball that offers less protection but is much cooler.  Summer ball girls typically aren't throwing as hard as the D1 girls so I take my chances for a little more comfort.  Link to the Honig's SB CP here:  https://honigs.com/honig-s-elite-fastpitch-protector.html .  I would advise NOT wearing it for baseball.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1