NEW UL FLEX CP HARNESS

Razzer
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1758 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Last Sunday I was in Toronto visiting Crew 8 Hallion Cuzzi Tichenor and Hamari who all use my old CP harness

The crew are all using my new UL FLEX CP and Mask Harnesses

Hallion did not even consider waiting until his next plate job, he asked me to fit it for him and the mask harness.

I launched this new product today and have been at it all day doing custom work for umpires all over the US

If anyone would like to know more or order just shoot me an email

Regards

Ray

UMPLIFE

20 th.jpg

• Like 8

@Razzer..........just tagging to alert to another question.

@SJA..........not sure if you are aware, but if you put the @ symbol in front of the name, you get a notification (the little bell at the top of page) when you sign in that someone is calling for your attention (?)....good or bad I guess.

17 minutes ago, SJA said:

@Razzer, what is  "full custom" please?

He means that you can choose to add a logo (MLB, MiLB, state logo, LL, etc.) and your name on the harness...  versus just your name on the standard harness.

9 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

.....................starting to think that @wolfe_man is on commission........

I wish!   I want one of these new harnesses.  I've had several of the others and won't go back to stock harnesses ever again, but this model looks like an improvement. 

I also have an UMPLIFE mask harness and like it. I want to get the leg guard harness, but haven't had the funds yet. 

I just see these questions all the time on the FB page, so we all try to help Ray out as he's a busy man!

1 minute ago, Ty said:

In for 1 at some point soon. Any specific reasons for the design tweak from the old model? 

New model offers more support if you like to wear it tight.  The older model could tear if you wore it really tight after a while.  This new model is designed for more support and to allow you to wear it tighter... I'd think this would be THE harness if you have an F3 CP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The New Flex CP Harness is a change from my original and offers a true 4 point connection with excellent support and comfort.

Already being used by MLB Umpires Adam Hamari, Phil Cuzzi, Todd Tichenor and Tom Hallion with more orders coming in everyday, MiLB umpires have already been ordering the new Flex

It will fit any 4 point connection harness on the market today

The old harness was really a 3 point connection with the top straps being one point of connection which was worn tight to the neck and snug on the sides.

Guys were wearing them too tight all round causing undue stress to the neoprene which sometimes resulted in tearing or breakdown.

The New Flex is a true 4 pointer and has contour for the sides which will take the stress off the neoprene when worn correctly. Tight on top, snug on the sides.

Available in  Black/Grey Trim or Grey/Black Trim

• Like 6

I got an email (as I'm guessing most did) from ump-attire about the new Ump Life mask harness.  The question I have is that I thought many don't like the All-Star delta-flex for an umpire because of how it grips the hat compared to a traditional harness, but wouldn't the new UL one (being neoprene) have the same issue?  https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/ULF-HARN_UMPLIFE-Flex-Umpire-Mask-Harness

Just wondering - it looks really good; I have one FM4000 that has the DF harness and have been looking to buy a new one, and when I read the above post was thinking about maybe getting the UL, but I wonder how the UL and DF compare.  Thanks all!

On 6/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, Rock Bottom said:

I got an email (as I'm guessing most did) from ump-attire about the new Ump Life mask harness.  The question I have is that I thought many don't like the All-Star delta-flex for an umpire because of how it grips the hat compared to a traditional harness, but wouldn't the new UL one (being neoprene) have the same issue?  https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/ULF-HARN_UMPLIFE-Flex-Umpire-Mask-Harness

Just wondering - it looks really good; I have one FM4000 that has the DF harness and have been looking to buy a new one, and when I read the above post was thinking about maybe getting the UL, but I wonder how the UL and DF compare.  Thanks all!

One difference is comfort and fit and it is made to look traditional unlike the catchers rig you are using..my Mask harness is used in MiLB and MLB because it works and looks traditional

Hope this helps

Ray

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:34 PM, Rock Bottom said:

I wear the fm4000mag with their harness and have no issues.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, Rock Bottom said:

Totally different shape ......... All Stars has like a trap-triangle in the back to help grab the skull cap, where Ray's is neoprene, but has a traditional shape so it's easy to use w/ a regular cap.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Totally different shape ......... All Stars has like a trap-triangle in the back to help grab the skull cap, where Ray's is neoprene, but has a traditional shape so it's easy to use w/ a regular cap.

That is one selling point that it looks traditional...it had to be  but I also played around with a true 4 point mask harness that still might work