Sign in to follow this  
Lou B

Twist on Hidden Ball Trick Wins Game

1 hour ago, umpstu said:

Pretty sneaky

The “Miami play” (although the original was at 1B) just worked in a championship playoff game I worked last week.

36 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

The “Miami play” (although the original was at 1B) just worked in a championship playoff game I worked last week.

I had one a few years back when the pitcher stepped off, fell down as he was faking the throw to first.  First baseman dives as if trying to stop the ball. 2B and RF take off down the foul line. Runner takes off for second base and the ball is waiting for him.  The team had tipped me off at the first of the game.  Pretty funny.

I wonder how many hours of practice time was wasted on that!?

7 hours ago, Tborze said:

Wasted? Got them to the World Series. Ask the girls if they thought it was worth it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tborze said:

Believe it or not, they probably didn't spend much more than 15 minutes practicing a play like this all season long - that's all you need.  And it may have been last practiced three days or three months ago.  You put two or three (maximum) plays like this in your back pocket, give them each a code word ("thunder!"), and use them once (at most) in a season.

It's a "carrot" for practice - team puts in a good practice you spend some time working on goofy stuff.

This particular play is low risk high reward.  If the pitcher is the only one who remembers it...well, then it's just a fake throw.

• Like 1

1) balk - he didn't step backwards but jump-turned.... wahh wahhhhhhh (call me Debbie Downer)  lol

2) When did Haywood get traded from the Yankees to the Twins? Did he again lead the league in most offensive categories including nosehair?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jms1425 said:

2) When did Haywood get traded from the Yankees to the Twins? Did he again lead the league in most offensive categories including nosehair?

I thought I was the only one who noticed that!

• Like 1