Can someone tell me about this Adidas mask?

bevanation
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1731 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, bevanation said:

This photo would suggest that these are solid yes? Maybe titanal? This doesn't look like hollow steel ala the POS+ zero g. 

70FE767C-8EA2-4038-A838-B7A88620FCDE.jpeg

I just found someone today that had the tools to chop the throat guard. I can report back that it is indeed a hollow steel. I was hoping for Titanal... :unsure: however it’s still a really lite mask that is well worth the money, imo. I just dropped the chopped mask off to get powder coated, along with an All-Star magnesium throat guard. (The guy acknowledged the risks with powder coating magnesium and said he could do it no problem.) Cant wait to pick it all up!

5896874A-BF53-4CCB-A74C-744DF0A29DE2.jpeg

On 7/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, The Short Umpire said:

I just found someone today that had the tools to chop the throat guard. I can report back that it is indeed a hollow steel. I was hoping for Titanal... :unsure: however it’s still a really lite mask that is well worth the money, imo. I just dropped the chopped mask off to get powder coated, along with an All-Star magnesium throat guard. (The guy acknowledged the risks with powder coating magnesium and said he could do it no problem.) Cant wait to pick it all up!

EAD50EC0-2359-40E0-B00D-2B85EF98E0C3.jpeg

5896874A-BF53-4CCB-A74C-744DF0A29DE2.jpeg

If you really want a Titanial Nike... I can offer up a cage.