Sign in to follow this  
ArchAngel72

3rd year Little League Ump

So, After volunteering for 2 years and doing bases. I got down to Bristol CT and took the little league umpire school there.  Have done 6 games behind the plate and 2 games at the bases so far in my 3rd year.

I love it, Its fun. It can be hard work but does not feel like that when I'm doing it.  Well not until the next day and my out of shape body is telling me What the hell are you doing to me. LOL.

Anyway Hi from District 1 in NH

• Like 1

Welcome to the brotherhood. I think most of us started in Little League , doing the 60' bases. Its a great place to learn. One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was, "you have two ears one one mouth, use them in that proportion'. Don't shy away from honest feedback, take what you can use and forget the rest, strive to get better every game. 

Good Luck!!

9 hours ago, blue23ll said:

Welcome to the brotherhood. I think most of us started in Little League , doing the 60' bases. Its a great place to learn. One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was, "you have two ears one one mouth, use them in that proportion'. Don't shy away from honest feedback, take what you can use and forget the rest, strive to get better every game. 

Good Luck!!

19 hours ago, ousafe said:

Welcome!  You've found a great place for learning.  The gear deals can be pretty good too.

Thank you both!

Welcome!  I don't claim to be the expert, but please feel free to reach out if you have Little League specific concerns.  I'm a UIC in Virginia and this is the only ball I do at the moment.   But trust me, there's a lot to learn here from the threads about every level.

Welcome! Hello from District 62 in sunny Orange County, CA.