Arbiter Pay Debit Card

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1785 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Okay, after getting tired of mixing funds (and 3 day lag time) from Arbiter into my wife's & my joint checking account, I decided to request a debit card from Arbiter Pay.   That was on 3/25 and I still don't have the card!

Has anyone else requested a debit card from them and if yes, then how long did it take to receive?   I can't believe it takes 3 weeks to get a debit card!  I work for a bank and we can get you a new debit or credit card within a few days at most, in some cases the same day!

Have  you contacted them and asked?

It's possible they only run them once a month, or they're having issues with the company sending them out. Maybe they never got your submission or lost it (hard to believe that one, though). Maybe a lot of the work is done manually and that person is out on FMLA. Maybe the card was stolen or lost through the mail.

Send Arbiter an email and ask for an update.

Or call: This is the text of an email I received from arbiter a while back: "Our support center is an inbound call center, if you would like to speak with an agent via phone, please call 1-800-311-4060. There are agents in the office starting at 6 AM MST."

Yes, I have called and emailed.  Arbiter tells me this is managed by Rapid Financial.  I have emailed them, but will call them shortly since Arbiter gave me their phone number.

1-877-592-1118 - Rapid Financial

I know nothing of them to this point, but one thing is for sure - they are most certainly not Rapid.  Arbiter charges me $4.95 for a debit card to use my money and it takes 15+ business days to receive?!?!?  

:ranton: So, I called Rapid Financial.   They tell me this is normal, it takes 10-15 business days to receive a card.  It was supposedly shipped out on 3/26 (ordered on 3/25) and it takes 10-15 business days to get to you in the US.  How are they shipping it - by horseback?!  Even USPS Ground delivers in 5-7 business days almost anywhere in the US.

The lady sent out a 2nd one in case the 1st doesn't arrive.  This is crazy.  What year is this? I've never heard of any financial institution having this kind of delay to process a card request, not even 20 years ago.

I'll update if and when I get my card.   My suggestion for any of you that may have been thinking of getting one is request it in the off season so it's not needed until spring. :rantoff:

Note: I'm off my soap-box now.  :smachhead::violin:

2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Okay, after getting tired of mixing funds (and 3 day lag time) from Arbiter into my wife's & my joint checking account, I decided to request a debit card from Arbiter Pay

Not so tired of it anymore.....are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LRZ said:

I opened a simple savings account specifically for arbiter pay. As long as I maintain a minimum balance, there are no fees. 

That is a great option. I know some guys who use the card. I just wait the 3 days to get my $$$

If you just wanted to keep your umpire funds separate from your joint account, it would probably be better to open a no frills checking account, get the bank debit card, and have arbiter funds sent to that account. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Richvee said:

If you just wanted to keep your umpire funds separate from your joint account, it would probably be better to open a no frills checking account, get the bank debit card, and have arbiter funds sent to that account. 

I have 3 checking accounts now. Trying to simplify and use the Arbiter card for other gear I want/need and I still send funds to the other accounts when appropriate. 

Long story with too many details that no one here cares about.   Short version is I find it ridiculous that it takes 15+ business days to receive a debit card in America in 2019.  It's exacerbated because, like an idiot, I had already moved almost $300 to the card thinking it would arrive quickly and I can't access those funds until my card arrives.

12 hours ago, Richvee said:

This is exactly what I did!

3 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I have 3 checking accounts now. Trying to simplify and use the Arbiter card for other gear I want/need and I still send funds to the other accounts when appropriate. 

Long story with too many details that no one here cares about.   Short version is I find it ridiculous that it takes 15+ business days to receive a debit card in America in 2019.  It's exacerbated because, like an idiot, I had already moved almost $300 to the card thinking it would arrive quickly and I can't access those funds until my card arrives.

Oh boy......just wait until that second card comes and you find out the $300 you put on the first card that got lost isn’t on this one

• Haha 1

Just now, Richvee said:

Oh boy......just wait until that second card comes and you find out the $300 you put on the first card that got lost isn’t on this one

That'd be my luck... but she said whichever card I do receive and activate will show my funds.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update: my debit card finally showed up.  I called and made it active to use, went to buy something and it's declined. Called and they swear it's active, tried again - declined.  Guy told me because it's considered a pre-paid debit (by MasterCard) evidently some retailers won't accept them.  I have tried several places now and no one has taken it yet. 

:ranton:TIP: Do NOT - under ANY circumstances - waste your time getting an Arbiter debit card or work with Rapid Financial (people who manage the debit part for Arbiter).  This is the worst service and experience I've ever had with any bank or financial services.  They don't give names when you call, not Rapid Financial or their own personal name - just "Hi, thank you for calling. How can I help you today?"  I can't believe Arbiter can't offer better service than this!:rantoff:

:HS:banghead::no:

At this point, go to Arbiter and complain. Complain loudly. Ask for a refund for whatever you've been out this whole time.

Arbiter pays Rapid Financial to do this. If they aren't living up to the standards Arbiter's clients expect, Arbiter needs to know.

I talked to a supervisor and was able to get my money transferred back to Arbiter, so now I can transfer it to my bank.

Lesson learned, 3 days is much faster than a month and a half.:smachhead: