Tested many ways

Aging_Arbiter
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1794 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

....................in ONE game.  WOW!  Had the plate last night for a Varsity game. It seemed as though we had almost every call imaginable. 2 Balks, partner had 2 or 3 Safe....OFF THE BAG, check swing appeals, several bangers at each base, I had a RLI , Dead ball strike**,  injured F9 running into fence, injured catcher (thumb), injured BR (ankle at 1B), wind blowing out at about 20 mph on an all dirt DRY infield, 1 restricted HC.  Well, that's all I can think of at the moment.  I'm just glad the HT didn't use their ambidextrous pitcher (yes, they have one).

9-7 after 2 innings. Both teams were hitting holes/gaps.  Final score after 3:15  VT-14....HT-11

OH what I would give for a 1-0 game in 1:30 - 1:45.

**Bottom 6, HT down by 2, bases loaded, 2-2 count, batters hands in the strike zone and WHAMMY!  80 y/o HC unaware of what a dead ball strike was. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I feel for you.  We had just the opposite in last weeks regional game.  Three man crew and we had absolutely nothing, not one banger, no errors, a few caught stealing which were obvious, a few routine fly balls, partner behind the dish had both pitchers throwing strikes.  The game ended 2-1 in 1:38. Literally, it was the easiest game all year.

• Like 1