johnnyg08

Tricks Plate Dodgers Use...

I loaned my cup out and never got it back.

With a follow-up question, "Can I use yours?"

Response, "Nah, I'll take  plate both games."

• Like 2

I took my plate shoes out of my car to clean and polish them.   I must have left them at home.  

I always have a extra/spare of almost every item with me.  I have a spare cup that is available "at market price".

• Like 1

I had hand surgery last month and the doctor hasn't cleared me to work the plate yet.

I saw the scar and believed her on that one.

• Like 1

First time working with a partner at a tournament, 2 games assigned with him:

Partner: Can you do both plates? I did two earlier today and that way we both get two.

My response? Ah, no... looks like you will be working three today then and I will be working one... I don't care that with other partners you get the shaft... why should I get it as well?

• Haha 1

Just got this one via text:

"I'm having car trouble and my wife will be dropping me off.  Can you do the plate and take me home afterwards?"

• Haha 1

not an excuse the guy was telling the truth but i think i win this one.  sun night game for reference

"hey i got a DUI on friday night with my gear in the car and i haven't gotten my car back yet. can you do the dish?"

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BRUMP said:

not an excuse the guy was telling the truth but i think i win this one.  sun night game for reference

"hey i got a DUI on friday night with my gear in the car and i haven't gotten my car back yet. can you do the dish?"

:cheers: :spit:

1 hour ago, BRUMP said:

Did you stop at the bar after the game?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BRUMP said:

Since he had the bases isn't he required to bring the after work libations?

• Like 2

Oddly enough, I "slightly" pulled a quad muscle last night, just enough that it hurts to run  (i.e. a quick start from C with R2, to get a good angle on a steal of 3rd).  At our chapter meeting (after said game) I went up to my next 3 partners (Wed/Fri/Mon) and asked if they had any issue with me doing the plate.  I figured as long as there are no trouble balls, it shouldn't require too many "quick starts"................... None of them seemed to mind.  :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, BRUMP said:

OK but you're buying drinks afterwards.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 9:29 AM, wolfe_man said:

Just got this one via text:

"I'm having car trouble and my wife will be dropping me off.  Can you do the plate and take me home afterwards?"

My response, being the smart A$$ I am.... Coincidentally I moonlight as an Uber driver! I got you, at a discounted price! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mudisfun said:

My response, being the smart A$$ I am.... Coincidentally I moonlight an an Uber driver! I got you, at a discounted price! 

I took the plate, but made sure I had to be somewhere else after the game so couldn't be do the ride home.   Surprisingly, he was able to get his car after all and still made it to the game (dressed even!) 8 minutes before start time.