codizzle

Samurai Throat Guard

22 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

Maybe I should chop mine.

I found that the chin guard pushes the TG more towards the throat instead of straight down. That’s why I chopped mine 

10 minutes ago, Ump Man Do said:

Can someone post the actual link to purchase this?  I am unable to find it.  Thanks.

You have to create an account with the site in order to order 

1 hour ago, tpatience said:

I found that the chin guard pushes the TG more towards the throat instead of straight down. That’s why I chopped mine 

I havent found that with a standard 6" throat guard. But I did have that problem with my Spyder and Diamond before I had the Diamond chopped.

1 hour ago, tpatience said:

You have to create an account with the site in order to order 

The account is free.

2 hours ago, grayhawk said:

I hope I get to use mine soon.

Since everyone glossed over this. Any word on your return to active duty?

23 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I havent found that with a standard 6" throat guard. But I did have that problem with my Spyder and Diamond before I had the Diamond chopped.

With a Wilson TG, there is no problem. But with the shovel, there is. I tried a few different things but nothing worked so I chopped it. But @MadMax can tell you I planned to chop it all along 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Why are these getting so much love here? Can't tell from the pic what makes them special.

3 minutes ago, Rock Bottom said:

Why are these getting so much love here? Can't tell from the pic what makes them special.

I’ll let @BT_Blue explain 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rock Bottom said:

Absolutely nothing makes them special, Rock... just pay the savages no mind.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Absolutely nothing makes them special, Rock... just pay the savages no mind.

How dare you

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, tpatience said:

How dare you

How dare I what, friend?

What you do is akin to lopping the roof off a DeLorean (goodbye gullwing doors!) just so you can have a convertible.

Barbarian!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Since everyone glossed over this. Any word on your return to active duty?

No idea right now.  It will be a few more months, at least.  Spinal cords heal very slowly.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

6 hours ago, tpatience said:

I’ll let @BT_Blue explain 

@Rock Bottom, it has to do with the exclusivity of having one. The original shovel, made by Mizuno, was only available in Japan and could only be obtained by someone that went there and bought it or from someone that came over here and gave/sold it to that person.

Like anything else on here. It is just being able to say you have one (hello Riddell Power) . Beyond that cool factor, nothing else much to it.

It has been a well known thing that I have been on the hunt for one of these for many many MANY moons. I guess this is why I keep getting brought up for it. Lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

@Rock Bottom, it has to do with the exclusivity of having one. The original shovel, made by Mizuno, was only available in Japan and could only be obtained by someone that went there and bought it or from someone that came over here and gave/sold it to that person.

Like anything else on here. It is just being able to say you have one (hello Riddell Power) . Beyond that cool factor, nothing else much to it.

It has been a well known thing that I have been on the hunt for one of these for many many MANY moons. I guess this is why I keep getting brought up for it. Lol

So now that they will be widely available, I suppose they won't be as cool.  Frankly, I think they provide better protection than the Wilson, and they look pretty cool too.  I have the Zett and while it provides the same protection, the look just isn't the same.

37 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

So now that they will be widely available, I suppose they won't be as cool.  Frankly, I think they provide better protection than the Wilson, and they look pretty cool too.  I have the Zett and while it provides the same protection, the look just isn't the same.

Amen.

I think these and the Spyder are the best-looking throat guards available.   And for $24 with free shipping - why wouldn't you buy one?

• Like 2

I just bought all of the rest of them, just to sell them back to y'all for fiddy bucks next year. 

And I don't even like 'em.

AF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kylejt said:

I just all of the rest of them, just to sell them back to y'all for fiddy bucks next year. 

AF

You know, you are a horrible person! Lol

11 hours ago, grayhawk said:

I have the Zett and while it provides the same protection, the look just isn't the same.

This convinced me to get a second one. Now which to put it on? An unaltered Nike or my "poor man's Mizuno", aka, my altered Diamond?

8 hours ago, kylejt said:

I just bought all of the rest of them, just to sell them back to y'all for fiddy bucks next year. 

AF

The thing is, these aren't scarce anymore.  And they're going to become even less so!  

Samurai Gears can run another batch anytime now - and Ray Brownlie will have them soon also.

But with the FREE shipping on the first 150 orders,  there is a few bucks to be made in getting them over here to the US and then reselling them to the folks who don't get on here or know of Samurai Gears yet.  

The differences between them will be small.  However, only some of us will have one that has Mizuno imprinted on the back of the guard. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, acpar72 said:

The differences between them will be small.  However, only some of us will have one that has Mizuno imprinted on the back of the guard. 

I DO still want a Mizuno. But it is not as sadly desperate as it was in the past. Lol

• Like 1

Has anyone recieved shipping confirmation yet? I've only gotten the email saying I paid with paypal.

2 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Has anyone recieved shipping confirmation yet? I've only gotten the email saying I paid with paypal.

I have not, just the order confirmation email.

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

He’s got a lot of orders to put together and he’s a one man show(I think) so I say just give him a little extra time. 

7 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Mine just shipped last night.