Samurai Throat Guard

codizzle
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1829 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I had an email early Wednesday confirming shipping

Your order has been shipped and is on its way.
This order has a tracking number so you can follow its progress. Thanks for shopping with us. See you soon!
Order No. 10101 Placed on Mar 31, 2019
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDavis225 said:

Has anybody sent anything to Maskit lately? Their site isn’t working and I want to send my Nike in to have the throat guard chopped so I can add my Samurai TG.

I did a month or two ago. You van contact Tony on Facebook if you want.

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I did a month or two ago. You van contact Tony on Facebook if you want.

What is he listed as on FB? I can’t find him under Maskit Sports or any combination thereof. Thanks for any help y’all might be able to lend!

edit: NM I found him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, blue32 said:

What is he listed as on FB? I can’t find him under Maskit Sports or any combination thereof. Thanks for any help y’all might be able to lend!

edit: NM I found him.

He currently has my Force3. Hoping to get a shipping confirmation of it coming back to me soon. College season is winding down and I want to be able to use it. He has a new order form, but I don't know how to get it. I used the old one from his site. Price went up a bit...but the work he gets done is always good.

7 hours ago, slo8140 said:

He currently has my Force3. Hoping to get a shipping confirmation of it coming back to me soon. College season is winding down and I want to be able to use it. He has a new order form, but I don't know how to get it. I used the old one from his site. Price went up a bit...but the work he gets done is always good.

Messenger was a blessing on this point. Since it seems to be difficult to get a hold of Tony, being able to contact him through DM was a blessing.

The Zett next to the Samurai Shovel, and the Shovel installed on my Nike.  I felt like the straps were too tight, so I reversed them so it hangs a little lower.  Just take the screw out of the end it comes in and insert it into the other end.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_110f.jpg

hB7LoZXGSH25wq68sRrytA_thumb_110e.jpg

12 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

The Zett next to the Samurai Shovel, and the Shovel installed on my Nike.  I felt like the straps were too tight, so I reversed them so it hangs a little lower.  Just take the screw out of the end it comes in and insert it into the other end.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_110f.jpg

hB7LoZXGSH25wq68sRrytA_thumb_110e.jpg

Chop it, chop it, chop it 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, tpatience said:

I think the throat guard works better without the chin guard. I can show you mine one of these days   

I know the chin guard on the Nike is fairly straight rather than angled, so perhaps the shovel would push the mask up when looking down.  I haven't used the Nike yet, but unless that becomes a problem, I'm not sure I want to have it chopped and chop its value with it.

1 hour ago, grayhawk said:

I know the chin guard on the Nike is fairly straight rather than angled, so perhaps the shovel would push the mask up when looking down.  I haven't used the Nike yet, but unless that becomes a problem, I'm not sure I want to have it chopped and chop its value with it.

This is the precise reason why I chopped one and left one. I think the larger throat guards like the Spyder, Zett, Shovel, Samurai, etc swing and fit better with the chopped chin guard.

If I decide to only keep one Nike. It will be the chopped on.

On a personal note... the one guy that has been wanting one for years (hey... that's me!). Has his Samurai throat guard sitting somewhere in LA (I'm betting US Customs) for the last 4 or 5 days! Its brutal seeing everyone with theirs. And I have no clue when I will get mine!

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

This is the precise reason why I chopped one and left one. I think the larger throat guards like the Spyder, Zett, Shovel, Samurai, etc swing and fit better with the chopped chin guard.

If I decide to only keep one Nike. It will be the chopped on.

On a personal note... the one guy that has been wanting one for years (hey... that's me!). Has his Samurai throat guard sitting somewhere in LA (I'm betting US Customs) for the last 4 or 5 days! Its brutal seeing everyone with theirs. And I have no clue when I will get mine!

Right there with you. Mine’s been sitting in New York for 3 days now

3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

My second one hasnt even left So's shop. It was ordered 3 days after the first one.

USPS tried to deliver mine to my house today but nobody was home, so they're holding it hostage until someone can pick it up. 

I have a Diamond (black with black Wilson memory foam pads) that I had "chopped" and added a Zett guard. It is now my go to mask and by far the most comfortable setup of anything else I've tried. It's my "poor man's" Mizuno setup. I'd be interested to try the Samurai guard. Maybe give me an excuse to chop another mask (or even better land a Mizuno frame...).