Con-Cushion Mask Enhancer from Gerry Davis

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1823 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I bought one of these to put on my MAG and received it yesterday.  I must say I'm pleasantly surprised at the good quality.  I guess I was expecting a much firmer material than the comfortable soft rubber.  I've not taken any hits to speak of yet, but this feels like it would definitely dampen any shot due to the material.  It's not going to feel odd at all to wear on the mask either.  I got black as I think it'll be less noticeable, but I understand why Gerry uses blue.

I know we've talked about this a little on the MAG threads, but I thought we may want one by itself.  If you've used this product and can speak to first-hand experience, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.9207b2363cd9402fdb8d101b012f91a1.png

image.png.4ba617b027cbe3d376ef4e8ea02c0675.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TChildsUMP said:

Why do you think Gerry uses blue, to advertise it?

Yes, sir. That's my opinion.  We'd never have noticed it, but it stood out due to the color.   Now, here we are talking about it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spiffdawg7 said:

The Gerry Davis rep running the table at the Orlando NCAA clinic specifically said that Gerry wore the blue one to make people take notice of it.  

It worked and the pad works as well.

• Like 2

Interesting, Lucroy is wearing a red ConCushion (it appears) with his FM4000MAG.  If he wasn't happy with the top pad I'm surprised All-Star didn't make a change to it like they did with the bottom pad. See this pic:

image.png.2ecd8539dbcc13d45c92809db923d9d5.png

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 10.40.28 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

Interesting, Lucroy is wearing a red ConCushion (it appears) with his FM4000MAG.  If he wasn't happy with the top pad I'm surprised All-Star didn't make a change to it like they did with the bottom pad. See this pic:

image.png.2ecd8539dbcc13d45c92809db923d9d5.png

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 10.40.28 PM.png

Hmmmm

• 3 weeks later...