geraldjklein1908

Cleaning Smitty Poly Spandex Pants

Most of the time I can just brush the dust off of them.

When that doesn't work, machine wash cold.

• Like 1

I wash all my uniforms in cold. I have the permanent crease put into the pants so I immediately take them out of the dryer and hang them on a pant hanger from the cuff of the pants and let gravity take out the wrinkles. 

• Like 4

I usually don’t wash my pants until after a few games but when I do, I put them in the washer inside out so the outside doesn’t fade as quickly. Got that trick from a MILB guy 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tpatience said:

I usually don’t wash my pants until after a few games but when I do, I put them in the washer inside out so the outside doesn’t fade as quickly. Got that trick from a MILB guy 

The inside out trick preserves colors on a lot of fabrics... jeans, shirts, etc.   Good tips!

• Like 2

I wash mine almost every game. I've got 4 sets of plate and bases for those long summer marathon stretches.

I started using Nathan's Power Wash to clean them.

Yeah, mine get washed after every game. I owe it to the catcher. 

Hand wash setting, with similar types of garments (no Levi's, or other types of rough stuff). Just my silky umpire stuff, and my unmentionables :)

If I have a day or two between games, I hang dry them. If it's the next day, they go to the dryer for 20 minutes, Medium heat. Take them out of the dryer right away. No dryer sheets, ever. 

I don't wash or dry them inside out, for fear of goofing up the "permanent" crease. 

I do wash/dry other things inside out, as I think it saves on wear and tear. 

6 minutes ago, kylejt said:

Yeah, mine get washed after every game. I owe it to the catcher. 

Hand wash setting, with similar types of garments (no Levi's, or other types of rough stuff). Just my silky umpire stuff, and my unmentionables :)

If I have a day or two between games, I hang dry them. If it's the next day, they go to the dryer for 20 minutes, Medium heat. Take them out of the dryer right away. No dryer sheets, ever. 

I don't wash or dry them inside out, for fear of goofing up the "permanent" crease. 

I do wash/dry other things inside out, as I think it saves on wear and tear. 

I have the permanent crease and I turn them inside out and haven’t noticed any issues with the crease 

• Like 1

I don't know why dry cleaning would be needed. Your local dry cleaning place will also launder and iron your clothes. They do all my CHP shirts that way. 

12 hours ago, geraldjklein1908 said:

Is it okay to get these pants dry cleaned and pressed at a tailor/cleaners? Thanks!

I have.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:15 PM, tpatience said:

I have the permanent crease and I turn them inside out and haven’t noticed any issues with the crease 

Where did you take them for the crease?

1 hour ago, umpstu said:

I know for certain that Men’s Wearhouse offers the crease... smaller tailors are hit and miss 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, umpstu said:

16 hours ago, JSam21 said:

I know for certain that Men’s Wearhouse offers the crease... smaller tailors are hit and miss 

That's what I have done with my last two pairs I have bought. Usually only takes about 10 minutes unless you bring them in during the Prom rush! :Facepalm:

On 4/7/2019 at 4:49 AM, geraldjklein1908 said:

Is it okay to get these pants dry cleaned and pressed at a tailor/cleaners? Thanks!

I get mine pressed every once in a while to avoid ironing. 

I tried to get a permanent crease once and they wouldn't do it. I don't remember where I went though. 

5 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

And ......the result?????

Fine.  It was Korean owned and I asked them to install the permanent crease so all they wound up doing was pressing them.  So, now I just use my Rowenta iron to press them.