Warmup pitches

Richvee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1871 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm not going to ask the exact question that's on my test, it's too convoluted. The question basically is asking about warmup pitches allowed when a pitcher returns to pitch in the same inning. 

I can't find any mention of this anywhere. 

Rule 3-1-2  " A player may be removed as pitcher and returned as pitcher only once per inning, provided the return as pitcher does not violate either the pitching, substitution or charged conference rule"

When a pitcher pitches in an inning, then is replaced, and then returns in that same inning, does he get 8 more warmup pitches? Cite? 

6-2-2c Exception (in part): "When a pitcher is replaced during an inning or prior to an inning, the relief pitcher may not use more than eight throws completed in one minute (timed from the first throw)."

I see nothing to contradict that, so I'd give him 8 throws.

• Like 1

Yes, he gets the full warm-up.  It's in a case or interp somewhere.

Edit:  From 2012:

SITUATION 15: Runch, who was the starting pitcher, takes the mound in the fifth inning and takes his five warm-up throws. After getting B1 out, he changes positions with the first baseman, Lewis, who takes his eight warm-up throws. Lewis gets B2 to pop out and Runch now returns to pitch. How many warm-up throws is Runch allowed? RULING: When Runch became a first baseman, he obviously no longer was the pitcher in the game. When he legally returns to pitch later in the same inning, he is considered to be a relief pitcher. Accordingly, Runch is allowed up to eight warm-up throws to be completed in one minute timed from the first throw. (6-2-2c)

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, yawetag said:

6-2-2c Exception (in part): "When a pitcher is replaced during an inning or prior to an inning, the relief pitcher may not use more than eight throws completed in one minute (timed from the first throw)."

I see nothing to contradict that, so I'd give him 8 throws.

This was my thought as well. Always like some backup rule support though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richvee said:

I'm not going to ask the exact question that's on my test, it's too convoluted.

Aw c'mon Rich! Are you really going to keep everyone else from partaking in the joys of our annual grammar and baseball test?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevin_K said:

Aw c'mon Rich! Are you really going to keep everyone else from partaking in the joys of our annual grammar and baseball test?

There’s some classics this year my friend. I’m sure we’ll talk about them soon. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, Richvee said:

There’s some classics this year my friend. I’m sure we’ll talk about them soon. 

I've completed the test. I got 4 wrong on the NJSIAA section, 2 wrong on the; 2 on the rule changes...I mixed up the answers when typing;2 wrong on points of emphasis. All of the rest I got right.

I tried to do the re-take and it's being worked on by Arbiter. They say it should be fixed in a couple of days.

Please share the text of the questions....they are always classics. I'll open a topic...

• Like 1