First games of the year!

catsbackr
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1865 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

30 minutes ago, yawetag said:

How many layers did you wear for that?

Where I live is right on the edge of a cold front right now, and the game was a couple of hours south. It was actually 50 during the game. Hard to get in the right mindset, though, when everything around you is freezing and snowy.

I can understand that.

Had double-headers on Monday and Tuesday. For both, I worked the first game with short sleeves and the second with a jacket (Tuesday's with a long-sleeve under the jacket). That's to be expected, though. 50 start with 7 leaving? That's rough, especially in deciding what to wear.

1 minute ago, yawetag said:

I can understand that.

Had double-headers on Monday and Tuesday. For both, I worked the first game with short sleeves and the second with a jacket (Tuesday's with a long-sleeve under the jacket). That's to be expected, though. 50 start with 7 leaving? That's rough, especially in deciding what to wear.

AccuWeather app to the rescue. At the same time it was 7 at my house, it was 37 at the ball field (and several hours to go). It was great actually getting onto the field again, especially without it being so ridiculously cold.

I'm 4 games in here in Seattle. Had to scrape the frost off my windshield before heading home last Saturday.  The turf was green but the grass outfield was kinda just gray.

First HS games (JV of course) of my career have been a ton of fun.  Way more civilized than select ball.