Rock Bottom

New Balance 460V3 Fit?

19 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

thanks, how was your width?

I did not purchase the shoes so when I received them as a gift I didn't really think about width. Most shoes I don't need to be concerned with width, but with the old mid 450/460, the EE fit much better

I never had any concern about the V3 being to narrow.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:34 PM, Thunderheads said:

@JimKirk .... are you seeing this?   Heel slip in the low cut 460v3?

V2 and V3 footprints/sizes = same

Fit of mid-cut to low-cut = same

Heel slippage or lack thereof = same

In other words, if you have heel slippage in say the low cut, you’ll have it in mid-cut (and vice-versa). If you don’t in one, you won’t have in the other.

If you are finding otherwise, it’s most likely due to a different reason (i.e. socks thickness or style/fabric change). For me, I have a dress shoe that fits perfect but I have some heel slippage if I wear a thin, silky sock. I have another dress shoe that fits me snug and a thick sock I just can’t wear with it due to tightness. 

Hope some of those insights helps, but in summary of NB shoes, fit is something that has not changed. They have stayed consistent over the last style upgrades plate and base (V2 to V3).

• Like 1

My low tops are sized as all my other "normal" shoes (10.5). I've experience no heal slip. I do wear thick, cushioned socks. 

My old 450's worked at 11. And all my NB shoes are DD's. 

• Like 1

My low tops are sized as all my other "normal" shoes (10.5). I've experience no heal slip. I do wear thick, cushioned socks. 
My old 450's worked at 11. And all my NB shoes are DD's. 
You mean 2E?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went up 1/2 a size from my regular New Balance cross trainers up to an 11, and went up in width from medium up to 4E.  My only complaint at all is that the fabric inside the heel is ripping after doing about 75-100 games behind the plate this year. Hopefully that is something I can fix so I can get a few more seasons out of them (I don't know how people get 5-10 years like I've heard) - because except for the heel fabric the shoes are in great shape.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of fit has anyone purchased the new New Balance V3 base shoes?  I just did and they look great.  However the sizes seem to be off.  I have 10 1/2 EE in V3 mid plate shoes and they fit great, maybe even a bit loose.  (All of my everday shoes and sneakers are 10 1/2 D).   I got the same size in the new base shoes and they are tight as can be.  I only buy from Ump-Attire due to the great service and free returns.  So I also got an 11 D and they are a too long.  Just curious if anyone else has tried these yet.  I have a 10 1/2 EEEE on the way.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ump Man Do said:

Speaking of fit has anyone purchased the new New Balance V3 base shoes?  I just did and they look great.  However the sizes seem to be off.  I have 10 1/2 EE in V3 mid plate shoes and they fit great, maybe even a bit loose.  (All of my everday shoes and sneakers are 10 1/2 D).   I got the same size in the new base shoes and they are tight as can be.  I only buy from Ump-Attire due to the great service and free returns.  So I also got an 11 D and they are a too long.  Just curious if anyone else has tried these yet.  I have a 10 1/2 EEEE on the way.

Thanks so much for the kind words. Your comment concerned me so I did some additional research. Here is what I found:

• 4 staff surveyed: no customers have mentioned a specific fit difference V2 vs V3.
  • I reviewed my notes from my meetings with New Balance. "No fit changes" is what I wrote.
  • I looked at our returns rates to date on low and midcuts. The overall return rate is really low (about 1 in 30 returns). So that raises no red flags.
  • I grabbed my size 12E (again) in the V3 and in the V2. All good.

I will say the memory foam of the V3 provides a slightly different "feel" immediately when you put it on. There is some "give" right away in the insole due to the memory foam where there is not as much in the V2. However, the fit is the same.

Regardless, I hope the shoes on their way are the perfect fit! Reach out to service@ump-attire.com if it's not. Thanks again for the good words and business. Always appreciated!

1 hour ago, S. Kennedy said:

There’s a reason why MLB umpires are looking for a different shoe with this 2020 contract. Also, another reason I’ll be going back to a brand new pair of Reebok’s I’ve had up in my closet for 3 yrs. The NB just can’t get it right for comfort.

I’ve always worn Nike shoes on the bases & saw a post on here that a Gerry Davis podcast mentioned the possibility of his plate shoe making a return.

This is probably a good discussion for debate on a new thread @Thunderheads???

Scott, are you saying you went to the NB V3 low cut and you got heel slip?