Shoe comparisons

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1893 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I saw the New Balance salesperson in Orlando last weekend and remember he said that he suggest going one full size over one of the first 2 models that you mentioned. On the other hand the MU950V3 is coming out in the Fall of 2019. I saw it on the catalog and liked what I saw. The best part is that the black and white mid cut is going to come in 15EE . The 950V2 black and white comes up to 14EEEE the longest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, I need shoes this year. Straight tennis shoes wont cut it and my pair of 995s were some of the worst pairs of shoes I have EVER worn!

So I am stuck getting new shoes this season as the last bit of gear i get to spend money on.

If I were you, I'd try the T4040V4 or the 3000V4. I had the MU950V2 and was not very happy at all.  They were not that comfortable and really wore fast.

Any thoughts to the new UA turf shoe?  I have a wide foot too and they fit fine.  I did get a half size larger.  Good luck on your search.

17 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

If I were you, I'd try the T4040V4 or the 3000V4. I had the MU950V2 and was not very happy at all.  They were not that comfortable and really wore fast.

Any thoughts to the new UA turf shoe?  I have a wide foot too and they fit fine.  I did get a half size larger.  Good luck on your search.

Of the 3, the MU950v2s look the least "impressive" to me.

An only assignor of mine (ok... this was last year, so how "old" can it be) had them. They looked really cool. But did say they ran narrow.

I did the half size with the old Reebok Magistrates and that worked really well with them. I saw a really slick looking pair of Nikes at Dicks a while back that I really liked. Will have to go in and try them on next month when they get all their stuff in finally.

3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

An only assignor of mine (ok... this was last year, so how "old" can it be) had them. They looked really cool. But did say they ran narrow.

I did the half size with the old Reebok Magistrates and that worked really well with them. I saw a really slick looking pair of Nikes at Dicks a while back that I really liked. Will have to go in and try them on next month when they get all their stuff in finally.

I wear a size 11 4e and the mu950v2 fit just fine.  I like these shoes. Easy to clean, etc..

3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I wear a size 11 4e and the mu950v2 fit just fine.  I like these shoes. Easy to clean, etc..

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:24 PM, gnhbua93 said:

I saw the New Balance salesperson in Orlando last weekend and remember he said that he suggest going one full size over one of the first 2 models that you mentioned. On the other hand the MU950V3 is coming out in the Fall of 2019. I saw it on the catalog and liked what I saw. The best part is that the black and white mid cut is going to come in 15EE . The 950V2 black and white comes up to 14EEEE the longest.

I should have grabbed the catalog while in Chicago... can you give any insights on the V3s?

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

If anyone is going to be in Philly for the last meeting, maybe they can pick it up?

I'm my youth I would point out that the last NCAA meeting is in Pittsburgh not Philly.

I don't do things like that any more.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1