New CP

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1927 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just now, tpatience said:

I think everyone knows the answer to that 

Even money that on one or more of the Facebook pages will have 20 people post that they "really like the look of the new Jerry Davis (misspelled intentionally on my part) chest protector." And "does anyone have any experience with it?"

1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

Hey... look at the new CP Gerry Davis just put out.

Oh good grief.

I see your bet, and raise you that someone on the Facebook pages will "get wise" and remark, "Hey! It's a knockoff of the West Vest Platinum! Is Jerry Davis taking over for Papa Joe?"

Just now, MadMax said:

Oh good grief.

I see your bet, and raise you that someone on the Facebook pages will "get wise" and remark, "Hey! It's a knockoff of the West Vest Platinum! Is Jerry Davis taking over for Papa Joe?"

CALL!

14 minutes ago, midtnump said:

It looks way close to the new Diamond CP that just came out a few months ago. Probably found the same maufacturer overseas. 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Featured/New/DCP-PRO_Diamond-Pro-Umpire-Chest-Protector

It’s the same exact thing. Just with his name on it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midtnump said:

It looks way close to the new Diamond CP that just came out a few months ago. Probably found the same maufacturer overseas. 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Featured/New/DCP-PRO_Diamond-Pro-Umpire-Chest-Protector

I'm not sold that you are kidding here or not without an emoji.:shrug:

59 minutes ago, tpatience said:

It’s the same exact thing. Just with his name on it

I'm hoping he is cause it would be sad that the first one I see is on here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MidAmUmp said:

It is the Diamond chest protector with his name on it, just like this is the Diamond mask with his name on it. 

:Facepalm:how could I forget about the fact that Davis markets the Diamond iX3 mask with his logo on it. Had it for years on his site. And I just completely spaced it!

9 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

:Facepalm:how could I forget about the fact that Davis markets the Diamond iX3 mask with his logo on it. Had it for years on his site. And I just completely spaced it!

To be fair, he does offer the iX3 in Ice Grey, which isn't a widely carried color... Too bad he didn't slap some usable pads on it too.

BR

8 hours ago, BlueRanger said:

To be fair, he does offer the iX3 in Ice Grey, which isn't a widely carried color... Too bad he didn't slap some usable pads on it too.

BR

Hes had that mask (as well as the black one) for sale on his page for years. It's the original version of that rig. Hence the horrible pads.

6 hours ago, MadMax said:

I do believe Ray would have a much higher conviction-of-quality to not use sofa cushion foam (yet again!).

If he did, you better believe I’d be giving him bloody hell.

You know it Brother

• Haha 1