Ump Attire Black Friday

ATXBlue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1946 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Keep a look out on Ump Attire for Black Friday deals! Last I checked they had 1 Wilson Dyna-Lite Aluminum for $90 left on sale today.

I work in eCommerce so I get geeked up about this stuff and you gotta love great deals.

@Scott K any insider info on what will be on sale this week? 

9 hours ago, ATXBlue said:

Happy Thanksgiving, some great deals from our friends at UA...

https://www.ump-attire.com/Company-News/Black-Friday-Specials-for-Umpires-Referees

please don’t take all of the Team Wendy’s pads!

Is it just the 4 or 6 things? Or is there more that I am missing. Wonder if they will do a big huge thing for Cyber Monday?

8 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Is it just the 4 or 6 things? Or is there more that I am missing. Wonder if they will do a big huge thing for Cyber Monday?

Just those 6 for now, the shirts and the pads peaked my interest. Our state association has opened up to the MLB shirt but our local hasn’t made the call on changing shirts. Wish I knew so I could pick up some at a discount. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ATXBlue said:

... but our local hasn’t made the call on changing shirts.

Because your local has old*, stubborn guys in it that either don’t want to pay for a new shirt, or don’t want to look like the “big league guys”. Both are sad excuses.

*= Old is an attitude, not an age

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

Because your local has old*, stubborn guys in it that either don’t want to pay for a new shirt, or don’t want to look like the “big league guys”. Both are sad excuses.

*= Old is an attitude, not an age

* is correct.  Same guys who will tell people how they never locked their cars or the house doors at night.   Man,  my brother locked his car doors and some guy still was able to break into the car and steal about $300 worth of 8 track tapes.  And we didn't walk 20 miles to school everyday in 100 degrees with ten feet of snow on the ground.  Oh, uphill both ways.

2 hours ago, umpstu said:

* is correct.  Same guys who will tell people how they never locked their cars or the house doors at night.   Man,  my brother locked his car doors and some guy still was able to break into the car and steal about $300 worth of 8 track tapes.  And we didn't walk 20 miles to school everyday in 100 degrees with ten feet of snow on the ground.  Oh, uphill both ways.

You may want to clarify "8 track tapes" for some of our...

!!!!Ker-chunk!!!!

younger viewers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, conbo61 said:

You may want to clarify "8 track tapes" for some of our...

!!!!Ker-chunk!!!!

younger viewers.

At the risk of a complete hijack. Some years ago my little cousin was staying over. He was rummaging through the basement and came up with box of 8 tracks and asked “uncle Rich do you have the console to play these video games”

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Richvee said:

At the risk of a complete hijack. Some years ago my little cousin was staying over. He was rummaging through the basement and came up with box of 8 tracks and asked “uncle Rich do you have the console to play these video games”

Not hijacking if it's that funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Also can be an age. There are some OLD people with OLD attitudes! 

My body says old most of the time, but my mind didn't get left in the 1970's with some romantic memories that never happened.  And I happen to think it sucks when people my age bash younger people.  Lest they forget about older people bashing us.

1 hour ago, umpstu said:

My body says old most of the time, but my mind didn't get left in the 1970's with some romantic memories that never happened.  And I happen to think it sucks when people my age bash younger people.  Lest they forget about older people bashing us.

Yeh, but the younger gereation will be the doom of this world because of music/video games/lazy/etc.