Jump to content
ATXBlue

Shin Guards with Mid-Cut Plates

Recommended Posts

Looking for suggestions/opinions on new shins to wear with the NB Mid-cut V3 Plate Shoes. I like the Force3s but I am worried the ankle padding extending past the top of the shoe. Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not an issue. As a mater of fact I've never even thought about it, or noticed how the shins sit next to the shoe. Get the force 3's. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concur. Even though I wear the low top version of the NB460, I would never have come close to worrying about that if I wore the mids.

Purchase your Force3 shins with confidence!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Richvee said:

Not an issue. As a mater of fact I've never even thought about it, or noticed how the shins sit next to the shoe. Get the force 3's. 

Agreed.  Just get the right length.  In this case, too long is not better.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATXBlue said:

I am worried the ankle padding extending past the top of the shoe. Any thoughts?

I fully endorse my colleagues’ feedback ( @Richvee, @BT_Blue, @boyinr ) on this, and let me add...

Unlike the Wilson Golds, Platinums, and Douglas shinguards, ankle wings on the Force3 Ultimates are soft. Yes, soft. Now, before that worries you, the ankle wing is comprised of a rigid half-sphere dome, backed by Kevlar. So with the midtop plateshoe, you get the benefit of overlapping protection without the Frankenstein-esque rigidity the other “premium” guards result in.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 9:20 PM, MadMax said:

I fully endorse my colleagues’ feedback ( @Richvee, @BT_Blue, @boyinr ) on this, and let me add...

Unlike the Wilson Golds, Platinums, and Douglas shinguards, ankle wings on the Force3 Ultimates are soft. Yes, soft. Now, before that worries you, the ankle wing is comprised of a rigid half-sphere dome, backed by Kevlar. So with the midtop plateshoe, you get the benefit of overlapping protection without the Frankenstein-esque rigidity the other “premium” guards result in.

 

F3 make a great shin pad for sure and I wear them. I have been taken many a good shot and the occasional bouncer. If I were to change anything on the F3 SP it would be adding an outer plastic ankle guard like the Wilson or Douglas. It would be the best shin pad never made...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Razzer said:

F3 make a great shin pad for sure and I wear them. I have been taken many a good shot and the occasional bouncer. If I were to change anything on the F3 SP it would be adding an outer plastic ankle guard like the Wilson or Douglas. It would be the best shin pad ever made even better...lol

FIFY:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Razzer said:

the best shin pad never made

Let's not forget that, in umpire gear lore, this is the ACTUAL name for this piece of mythical equipment!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 1:59 AM, BT_Blue said:

Let's not forget that, in umpire gear lore, this is the ACTUAL name for this piece of mythical equipment!

with 2 sets of Wilson shin guards in my garage, my pair and my dads who doesn't umpire much anymore, I am so tempted to make my own. However, as a college student, money is usually tight. I, unfortunately, do not have the funds to make the best shin guard never made. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LineyNinja said:

with 2 sets of Wilson shin guards in my garage, my pair and my dads who doesn't umpire much anymore, I am so tempted to make my own. However, as a college student, money is usually tight. I, unfortunately, do not have the funds to make the best shin guard never made. 

@Razzer already has the prototype mocked up drawing. So he did that work for you. Now you just need a pair of Force3 shins you would be willing to destroy along with a pair of Wilson Pro Elite shins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly... I wonder how hard it would be to connect the ankle plates to the body of the F3? True you would ruin both sets. But it should be doable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

simple to do....I will do it to mine when I get some down time. It will not ruin the f3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...