Watch out for the bat

udbrky
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2016 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Had plate in a fall ball babe ruth senior game last night. R1, BR gets a hold of one to left center and I start rotating to 3B. CF gets toasted, so I say "goin back home" and start walking backwards, keeping an eye on the play.

I hear the catcher saying "heads up ... heads up ... heads up" and I'm thinking "yeah, I know where the ball's at" when I step on the bat, and it's like being on a roller in the dirt and I fall on my arse.

I spin on a knee, put the mask hand down and stand up ... and fall again because I didn't get my feet under me squarely.

After the inning, I ask the crowd if anyone has video. I've got friends that would pay good money for it! My partner was mad because he missed it. I was embarrassed and just laughed about it, cause what else can you do?

3 hours ago, umpstu said:

He's got to be lying.

I am not lying about any part of this. I wish there was video. Pretty high up Midwest Babe Ruth guy runs this complex, saw it happen and called me safe twice. I know I'm not doing this justice in describing how hilarious I had to have looked.

• Haha 1

Had a buddy end up on his can once after fastball to mask...........Another buddy sent him a message and said, you should have jumped up, pointed and yelled "FIRST DOWN!"  Maybe you could have incorporated a "Frank Drebin" type of dance afterwards.

• Like 1