I fought the law, and the law won???

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brings to mind this quote from a CBUA bulletin:  "STOP TALKING FOR NO REASON . . . STOP FRATERNIZING WITH PLAYERS AND COACHES . . . STOP ACKNOWLEDGING FANS . . . STOP TRYING TO BE POPULAR WITH TH

3 hours ago, lawump said:

Brings to mind this quote from a CBUA bulletin: 

"STOP TALKING FOR NO REASON . . . STOP FRATERNIZING WITH PLAYERS AND COACHES . . . STOP ACKNOWLEDGING FANS . . . STOP TRYING TO BE POPULAR WITH THE PARTICIPANTS . . . Just be businesslike, answer reasonable questions, be approachable when approached properly, etc. . . . BUT, BEYOND THAT PLEASE SHUT UP!!!!! Geez, Fetch, we know this is your pet peeve, but what is the big deal? The big deal is that your ratings are taking a beating from coaches, observers, crew chiefs, NCAA evaluators, etc. You’re not fooling anyone . . . coaches do not want you on the field kissing babies and running for mayor, they want you focused and working hard at your craft. Guys are losing opportunities for more D-I games, conference tourneys and NCAA post season strictly based on focus and professionalism. If you’re too busy talking, you aren’t focused on umpiring. By the way—SHUT UP, or did I already mention that?"

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...