17 hours ago, Hkepuck said:

I don’t know how anyone determines a travel fee or what it equals, but if one game is X, two games should be 2X. You can slice it any way you want, but the “you didn’t travel twice” is nonsense. Is there a wait around fee for the time between games?

Maybe there should be a "wait around fee," especially if there's going to be a significant amount of time between games. I can certainly see how a "travel fee" would only be given once, as I imagine that's supposed to cover your costs to get there, and you didn't drive back home between games, did you?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get a fee per game. Don’t know or care about how the sausage was made. Should be 2X for two games. Most tournaments are 2X, 3X etc.  There is a documented shortage of officials in all sports ar

That's NOT cool. I don't care how much or how little time there is between games.Two games is two games. I'd make sure it took me 30 minutes to change. Coach: "Cmon, we need to start this game no

Tell him you'll get there when you get there....that's outrageous. This kind of nonsense really happens on a regular basis? Screw that....  

You might get $65 for one game and $115 for a DH. Or you might get $15 travel plus $50 each game. That $50 includes the parking lot time for any game. It’s only the windshield time that’s different. You get the same amount of money either way but some get upset by the lformer

40 minutes ago, hbk314 said:

Maybe there should be a "wait around fee," especially if there's going to be a significant amount of time between games. I can certainly see how a "travel fee" would only be given once, as I imagine that's supposed to cover your costs to get there, and you didn't drive back home between games, did you?

I get a fee per game. Don’t know or care about how the sausage was made. Should be 2X for two games. Most tournaments are 2X, 3X etc. 

There is a documented shortage of officials in all sports around the country. Probably time to not get cute with “travel fees”. 

• Like 3
On 7/17/2018 at 8:27 PM, Hkepuck said:

This is one of the reasons I’ve stopped working HS doubleheaders on Saturdays. I’ve heard of quite a few other guys doing this as well. I don’t understand how is this an accepted practice, especially for guys doing two underclass games by themselves. 

That's B.S. A game fee should be a game fee. 

On 7/19/2018 at 1:13 PM, Hkepuck said:

I get a fee per game. Don’t know or care about how the sausage was made. Should be 2X for two games. Most tournaments are 2X, 3X etc. 

There is a documented shortage of officials in all sports around the country. Probably time to not get cute with “travel fees”. 

Couldn't agree more. Everybody agrees that there is a national shortage, then those who negotiate for us seem to think we should take a $5-$10 hit because we are already there. B.S.

When I used to do house league games, we had about 15 minutes between end of game 1 and start of game 2. It was painful.

However, it's the same even with rep tournaments. Games are generally scheduled at 9am, 11:15am, 1:30pm, and 3:45pm, each with a two hour time limit. Those are extremely difficult to stick to, and usually unless there's a game that finishes way ahead of time, this schedule is never stuck to.

On 7/19/2018 at 1:13 PM, Hkepuck said:

I agree that you should get two full game fees. If there's an additional travel fee, I don't disagree with only getting one as yes, you were already there.