Sign in to follow this  
LMSANS

It's rainin' it's pourin'

What criteria do you use (other than the obvious thunder/lightning) to determine if the rain is enough?

Can't keep the ball dry, you know you are not getting paid unless it is an official game, your base paths look worse than a slip and slide, the rain drops are FAT and heavy, there is no end in site for the rain to stop, there is a dry recliner at the house..........

Can't keep the ball dry, you know you are not getting paid unless it is an official game, your base paths look worse than a slip and slide, the rain drops are FAT and heavy, there is no end in site for the rain to stop, there is a dry recliner at the house..........

Well I've finally been able to get back on the field. One Thursday, 2 Friday and 2 today. My second was shortened by a thunderstorm, fortunately we get full game fee after 1st pitch We only got 3.5 innings so not official.

Got all of my games in this weekend. 80+ degrees Saturday. 60ish Sunday with a heavy mist. Today there calling for rain and t-storms. I hope not I've got a HS DH today...

I'm going top continue to whine about the weather...

My DH for today was just cancelled. That now makes 16 games and well over $800 in fees down the storm drain. As compared to last year where I lost a total of 9 games from March to October. 16 games and April's not over yet.

Don't get me wrong as I've stated before I'm not in it exclusively for the money, its just a very nice side income. Guess I won't be getting that HD TV I've been eyeing for a while longer. :eek:

My wife is going crazy too. Usually during baseball season she's complaining that I'm not home enough, now she complains that I'm home too much.

I can relate to mn ump... we only got 2" but the drifts were a foot deep along the fence with six feet out on warning path & it was COLD, made a interesting conferance game. Sure glad I still had my long underware in my locker room!!! (my truck)

Larry