It's rainin' it's pourin'

LMSANS
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5833 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't keep the ball dry, you know you are not getting paid unless it is an official game, your base paths look worse than a slip and slide, the rain drops are FAT and heavy, there is no end in site for the rain to stop, there is a dry recliner at the house..........

Well I've finally been able to get back on the field. One Thursday, 2 Friday and 2 today. My second was shortened by a thunderstorm, fortunately we get full game fee after 1st pitch We only got 3.5 innings so not official.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going top continue to whine about the weather...

My DH for today was just cancelled. That now makes 16 games and well over $800 in fees down the storm drain. As compared to last year where I lost a total of 9 games from March to October. 16 games and April's not over yet.

Don't get me wrong as I've stated before I'm not in it exclusively for the money, its just a very nice side income. Guess I won't be getting that HD TV I've been eyeing for a while longer. :eek:

My wife is going crazy too. Usually during baseball season she's complaining that I'm not home enough, now she complains that I'm home too much.