Hi,

Just starting out into competitive umpiring after some time covering rec leagues. First game was today with a 15-14 walk off win for a 10 year old tournament. Appreciate the wealth of knowledge from everyone. Cheers!

Howdy from "next door" in Kansas.

I did the same thing (a few years in rec before moving to competitive ball) - it only gets better from there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DharnsIV
      Hi everyone! I’m new to this site so I thought it would be a good way to learn a few things and give some tips as well. I umpire anywhere from 9u-18u baseball. 
    • By ATXBlue
      Hello from Austin, TX....One high school season under my belt at the JV/Fresh level, full time gig had me out of the game for the summer/fall but getting back in it this spring. 
      Looking forward to being a part of this community.
    • By lauritap
      Hi all-
      Just wanted to give a brief introduction as I joined today.  I have been coaching youth baseball for 4 years and am in my 2nd year as a Little League umpire.  I am a Commissioner in my youth Little League.  I have a ton to learn and have so appreciated the collective wisdom on this site.  I am also a woman umpire and coach which adds some layers to the learning curve, dealing with coaches , and being a Commissioner.  I don't aspire to the Major Leagues or anything other than youth baseball but love the game and love umpiring more than I would have ever thought.  Thank you to all for the huge amount of collective knowledge that is already here.  
      Thanks,
      Laura