Mudisfun

Horrible news - @grayhawk

I just read this thread about Steve's accident. Horrible news. 

Thought and prayers to Grayhawk, one of the best contributors to this site,  and judging by my convos with him, a fine man.  

Speedy recovery, bruda.

Hey all,

Thank you so much for the concern, prayers and well wishes. I’m two weeks into a month long rehab at Long Beach Memorial Acute Rehab Hospital and my progress is evident every day. I’m walking with a walker and getting stronger. The amount of support I have received, especially from the brotherhood, has been unbelievable and humbling. My wife and I truly appreciate those that have donated to our gofundme as that money will be used to help me transition back home safely. 

My goal is absolutely to get back on the field as soon as possible, and I believe that is God’s plan for me. Along with my wife’s help, we are  going to win this battle together. 

All my best,

Steve

• Like 13

Hey all,
Thank you so much for the concern, prayers and well wishes. I’m two weeks into a month long rehab at Long Beach Memorial Acute Rehab Hospital and my progress is evident every day. I’m walking with a walker and getting stronger. The amount of support I have received, especially from the brotherhood, has been unbelievable and humbling. My wife and I truly appreciate those that have donated to our gofundme as that money will be used to help me transition back home safely. 
My goal is absolutely to get back on the field as soon as possible, and I believe that is God’s plan for me. Along with my wife’s help, we are  going to win this battle together. 
All my best,
Steve

Heal quickly brother !!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnyg08 said:

He's been active on here. 

Yeah, I've seen him around, which is really encouraging, but I was just interested in learning how his rehab is coming along. I guess we could ping him, and then he can decide whether he wants to share or not.

@grayhawk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biscuit said:

Yeah, I've seen him around, which is really encouraging, but I was just interested in learning how his rehab is coming along. I guess we could ping him, and then he can decide whether he wants to share or not.

@grayhawk

Now you're talking.

Steve - I am thrilled to hear you will be working the showcase! Wish I could be there to see you step onto the field of battle once again, but alas, it is closing day for my daughters LL and duty calls somewhere else! Go get em!

1 hour ago, Mudisfun said:

Steve - I am thrilled to hear you will be working the showcase! Wish I could be there to see you step onto the field of battle once again, but alas, it is closing day for my daughters LL and duty calls somewhere else! Go get em!

Thanks Kevin - I'm really excited to get out there!

Thanks for posting Steve. Congrats on getting back on the field. Keep up the great work and hopefully the other issues continue to improve!! 

Steve,

So awesome you can return to the field, even if temporary and limited. I'm sure it will be very emotional stepping foot on the diamond once more. It may seem such a small step to many, but to those close to you (both literally and figuratively) know the hard work it's taken to be there.

I hope the wife and kids are doing well, too. You've all been in my prayers since I heard, and will continue to be there.

@grayhawkThats fantastic that your getting out on the field. It will be emotional but soak it in cause you've earned it. 

wishing you continued improvement Steve - good to hear the improvement so far