What would a season be without another chapter of SWMBO??................  As some of you may recall, one of my previous JR umpires went to Wendlested with @HuskerUmp22 this year.  For a parting gift, I suggested the we get him one of @Razzers monogramed harnesses.  She agreed.  The following  week, I was working the bases when my partner took a foul ball square in the mask.  Headache, set in before end of inning.  3-4 days of concussion symptoms, and he's better now.  The following day, I found out that another friend working a D3 game, took a 91mph fastball to the mask.  He couldn't find his way home, but saw an urgent care facility ant pulled in.  Well, Garret had already ordered the force3 after his incident, then our other buddy had his incident.  Low & Behold!!  SWMBO suggested that my melon may be worth the cost of additional protection.  My force3 arrived this week!!  

As previously stated, I hope y''all have an SWMBO like mine.  and ladies, a understanding other half?

• Like 2

I took a 90+ straight in, dont remember the rest of the game, and DH didn't blink an eye when I said I was buying an expensive helmet. When i said i wanted a 300 cp, his only question was "will you be safer?" Yeah, he's ok, I think I'll keep him around for a while.

• Like 2

Mrs_K has always said get whatever you need to keep you safe.

Hence, I am a gear hound. I love that sweetie o' mine!

• Like 1

I've slowly been able to convince the wife I need two of just about everything. But it has been a long grind. Lol

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, BT_Blue said:

I've slowly been able to convince the wife I need two of just about everything. But it has been a long grind. Lol

SWMBO often comments about my "back up" equipment..................

...........................as she reads over my shoulder.....................

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

SWMBO often comments about my "back up" equipment..................

...........................as she reads over my shoulder.....................

I get the "do you really need this many of X?" question a lot.