MLB Ejection 043 - John Tumpane (1; Kyle Schwarber)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2160 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire John Tumpane ejected Cubs LF Kyle Schwarber (strike three call; QOCY) in the top of the 7th inning of the Cubs-Reds game. With two out and two on (R1, R2), Schwarber took a 2-2 fastball from Reds pitcher David Hernandez for a called third strike. Replays indicate the pitch was located...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I challenge you not to want to bang your head against the wall reading comments from some fanboy named Sav.

Other than the silly argument about whether or not there was a shove(there were two), he's right about the argument itself. I didn't watch the game, so I can't speak to his comment about earlier pitches.

4 hours ago, hbk314 said:

Other than the silly argument about whether or not there was a shove(there were two), he's right about the argument itself. I didn't watch the game, so I can't speak to his comment about earlier pitches.

Oh totally...

My guess... Schwarber said something in response to Tumpane issuing an equipment fine.

But a 25-30 post bitch fight about what does (it was) and does not constitute a shove!