They’re back!

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2123 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

6 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

My GOD that's beautiful!! Oh and BTW I ordered that combination and the mask will be up for sell next week. I only want the page to put on my Wilson Titanium.

What would you want for the frame

20 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

Lol, that mask is fugly emoji1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I have to agree. I had one and sold it last time.  I just don't like the silver with blue/tan pads.  I think I'd like it better with all blue pads or blue pads with black backing.  The tan/blue just isn't for me, but I can say that the blue matches the Smitty blue shirts exactly.  So, if you gotta match, then this is your thing. 

2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

These pads are so much better IMO.  Although, I wouldn't mind owning both sets.  I think the below pads on a black frame would be rockin'.

2.jpg

This is a great combo as well.

The sky blue, tan and silver combo is for the same reason you wear light blue shirts when it's HOT outside.

Given the match with those color shirts - instead of black - and that the timing of our shipment was just before the summer, we knew the lighter color combination - with essentially no-black except on the harness and around Wilson logo would make this a great mask for summer.

Leather outer and memory foam pads also are for added comfort - anything to make your summer games more tolerable. :cool:

• Like 3

I concur the black/blue would look better on my black frame. 

I just ordered the new mask, though, because serendipitously, my partner's aluminum fractured today and he needs a new frame. Pads for me, frame for him.

@mgford @JimKirk I would also like to know when the gray/black will be back, as the replacements I got last year have a problem with the gray peeling off of the pad.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mgford said:

@JimKirk I've been waiting patiently for the gray/black wraparound pads to be stocked again. Any idea when they will be back on the shelf?

Good question. We have been waiting patiently as well after a manufacturing spec issue required a redo. 

Late June or early July is the projected time frame we have been given.

Anyone interested in black/grey pads should sign up for the “notify me” email. Those go out instantly the second out of stock items are made available so you can grab what you need first.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimKirk said:

Good question. We have been waiting patiently as well after a manufacturing spec issue required a redo. 

Late June or early July is the projected time frame we have been given.

Anyone interested in black/grey pads should sign up for the “notify me” email. Those go out instantly the second out of stock items are made available so you can grab what you need first.

Thanks for the reply, Jim. The UA website says May and I figured there had been a delay. I am signed up to get an email.
Looks like those may be next year's pad for me.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 5:07 AM, Thunderheads said:

Show us what it looks like within a black frame! :nod: 

You got it! I have a black ZRO-G i'll drop them in, and snap a pic fer ya. Then I'll put them back in the Wilson Silver. Because that is where they belong. I'm thinking this will make a great Sunday day game mask.

@JimKirkAny chance of you getting pink and tan memory foam pads so I can use the mask for mother's and father's day?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blue32 said:

You got it! I have a black ZRO-G i'll drop them in, and snap a pic fer ya. Then I'll put them back in the Wilson Silver. Because that is where they belong. I'm thinking this will make a great Sunday day game mask.

@JimKirkAny chance of you getting pink and tan memory foam pads so I can use the mask for mother's and father's day?

We did a limited edition pink mask last year and were planning on skipping having one available this year to focus on the sky blue.

I will add your suggestion of pink pads only to the discussion for product adds for next season. Is pink and tan the way to go or pink and black?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

LOL

And put on a sun visor of course to cover the top part. :)

Oh... it is getting a sun visor. All my masks have it. How else can I keep the sun out of my eyes with my hat on backward?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

How else can I keep the sun out of my eyes with my hat on backward?

Pffffffft. Har har.

–200 points for even joking about this travesty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1