Cooooold Weather

celt62
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2189 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This is a plea to all my brother umpires in the south and west....  Please send us at least some 40s for us here in the Northeast!  I had so much stuff on yesterday while it was spitting snow (mid-April mind you) that I looked like Ralphie's little brother in a Christmas Story. You know where he couldn't get his arms down.  I was in a perpetual safe sign all day.  They say 60s next week but two weekends ago they said maybe 70 and it was 30s with snow and freezing rain. Ughhhh!

• Haha 1

It's been crazy. Tuesday, 37 and snow. Yesterday was 51 and spotty sunshine and it was like heaven. It was nice to takeoff the gloves and the thermal hood for a change. Sure got my money's worth out of that hood this year. Better get warm soon...I only have 2 sets of hand warmers left.

Tomorrow's supposed to be around 100 so my partner and I thought about wearing the powder blue, but those make us look fat.  Well, we look fat because we are fat, but black shirts look better.

6 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Tomorrow's supposed to be around 100 so my partner and I thought about wearing the powder blue, but those make us look fat.  Well, we look fat because we are fat, but black shirts look better.

I feel your pain, brother.   Even when it's mid-summer and the skinny guys want to wear blue, I say "nope, let's wear black".  Besides, it matches my belt, shoes, and indicator!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I feel your pain, brother.   Even when it's mid-summer and the skinny guys want to wear blue, I say "nope, let's wear black".  Besides, it matches my belt, shoes, and indicator!

What's an indicator?

• Haha 1

It may be inappropriate to post this in the collegiate section, but yesterday, I worked a 10 y/o travel game where one team's F6 started crying because he was so cold and had to be taken out. Then, when that team came to bat, three kids refused to hit and instead stayed on the bench under a blanket. Not exactly the boys of summer.

1 minute ago, LRZ said:

It may be inappropriate to post this in the collegiate section, but yesterday, I worked a 10 y/o travel game where one team's F6 started crying because he was so cold and had to be taken out. Then, when that team came to bat, three kids refused to hit and instead stayed on the bench under a blanket. Not exactly the boys of summer.

The "bubble wrap generation" at it's finest.