Ohio Umpires Only, Did you Take the 'Veterans Test?'

jkumpire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2239 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

For those of you outside Ohio, we do not take a rules exam every year once we are Class 1 officials (top designation). As an experiment the OHSAA is offering a 50 question test to us and asking us to take it. If you are a Class 1 OHSAA umpire I'd be very interested in your opinions of the test and the questions on it.

Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jkumpire said:

If you are a Class 1 OHSAA umpire I'd be very interested in your opinions of the test and the questions on it.

I took the test.  I did not "take my time."  I did it closed-book.  I scored 88%. 

The only feedback was to look in the rulebook and study "these areas."  I would rather know which question I missed and what the "most acceptable" response was of the available choices. 

I'll grant you that tests are tough to write, but I wasn't favorably impressed with this one.  Likewise, "they" probably aren't favorably impressed with the effort I gave it.     

Have a fun and safe season when the snow melts.  

27 minutes ago, Cav said:

The only feedback was to look in the rulebook and study "these areas."  I would rather know which question I missed and what the "most acceptable" response was of the available choices. 

When the test closes next week, you will be able to see which questions you missed.

I took it. I also downloaded all 50 questions I received. I missed a couple equipment-related questions.

Thanks for the replies so far. I took the test as soon as I got the e-mail closed book and got a 90 or something like that. It was a classic FED test, with at least two or three badly written questions and answers IMO.  If OHSAA decides to do this every year for Class 1 umpires they ought to write their own tests and stay away from the FED test. 

Well, egg on my face!  Apparently I took the wrong test.  So, I zipped through the "right" test and scored 92%.  I wait with BAITed breath (It is ice fishing season.  Ha!) to see what I missed.    

29 minutes ago, maven said:

In your mouth? I'm confused how they affect your breath.

All good.  All good.  It's but one little part of my pre-season work up.  Push ups?  Check.  Crunches?  Check.  Gig line?  Check.  In-my-face-argument preventer?  Check.  

• Like 1