Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, stkjock said:

weather on the east coast today and tomorrow all summer has a lot of rain forecast 

FIFY

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, stkjock said:

Jessica Mendoza “ I thought the hands were part of the bat”

 

insert facepalm

Carl Ravitch no better..I guess it only hit his hand..If it hits his hand and then the bat it's a foul ball". 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Is it a requirement to take off your mask every time there's a foul ball?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

I don't like to nit pic..This guy's doing a nice job. But the mask thing and bellowing out "FOUL" on the balls straight back are wearing on me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Richvee said:

I don't like to nit pic..This guy's doing a nice job. But the mask thing and bellowing out "FOUL" on the balls straight back are wearing on me.

Guy did a really good job. Probably the best plate job I've seen at a LLWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, umpstu said:

Guy did a really good job. Probably the best plate job I've seen at a LLWS.

Friday's games were the first I saw this year, but he was indeed one of the best I've seen including the regionals.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, umpstu said:

Guy did a really good job. Probably the best plate job I've seen at a LLWS.

He did  

 

Troy, @maineump was better on Thursday, he Had to contend with an international game and language issues as well. 

 

So far, from my perspective, the only issue I’ve seen is the zone is called very wide with some guys. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guy did a really good job. Probably the best plate job I've seen at a LLWS.
No,....he did do a great job....it was just the mask flipping

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

No,....he did do a great job....it was just the mask flippingemoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

I missed it. Something about taking care of a 3 day old that SWMBO required me to do. Lol

So... did he take the mask and throw it on the ground ala a F2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BT_Blue said:

I missed it. Something about taking care of a 3 day old that SWMBO required me to do. Lol

So... did he take the mask and throw it on the ground ala a F2?

No. It was just EVERY foul ball. Seemed he couldn't throw a new ball to F1 without ripping off the mask. :shrug:

However, as stated, a real solid plate job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ole stee-ball in the top of the 10th in the Spain/Canada game. PU got a little bit ahead of himself and started to call a two strike curve ball a strike, came up, and balled it.

Oops.

Otherwise, I think he is having a good game, despite getting peppered with about 7 or 8 balls off the bat, missed pitches, balls that bounced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The PU in the Panama game today had it rough. Took a bunch of hits to the mask. 
He took a freaking beating

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of 8pm, @maineump hasn't received his schedule for tomorrow.  My guess is he went to the MLB Classic game.  However, when visiting yesterday, SWMBO got this picture.  I had already sent it to a few close friends and said "It's ok Blue, you're doing fine". 

20180818_145227_1534619037408_001.thumb.jpg.f54b2d6c6578d35872566d097cba62fe.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

As of 8pm, @maineump hasn't received his schedule for tomorrow.  My guess is he went to the MLB Classic game.  However, when visiting yesterday, SWMBO got this picture.  I had already sent it to a few close friends and said "It's ok Blue, you're doing fine". 

20180818_145227_1534619037408_001.thumb.jpg.f54b2d6c6578d35872566d097cba62fe.jpg

 

The real story behind the picture?

The Australian manager told this guy, that I had the authority to make him cut his hair. He was sucking up to me, to try to talk me out of it. He was a great kid, and one heck of a ball player.

We got to hang with Gerry Davis' crew today. Great guys one and all. Got to watch them work tonight at the Classic.

Games on Monday the 20th - 3:00 at Lamade (3B) and 8:00 at Lamade (LF Line)

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maineump a great call on a seed hit right over the bag top 2!

Didn't rush it. Just a deliberate signal followed by a brilliant play by F5 who snared it and stepped on 3B for out #3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iowa/Michigan B5 - RLI no call.  Batter was dirty all the way and the throw hit hit his hand on his last stride to the base.  Definitely should have been called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

Iowa/Michigan B5 - RLI no call.  Batter was dirty all the way and the throw hit hit his hand on his last stride to the base.  Definitely should have been called.

Saw it live and wondered. Didnt see the shot up the 1BL (if there was one). But thought it might have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, stkjock said:

More free baseball at LLWS tonight

 

 

This is my 4th extra inning game of the series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stkjock said:

More free baseball at LLWS tonight

 

14 minutes ago, maineump said:

This is my 4th extra inning game of the series

Man... I bet they can't wait for you to leave. The people in the stadium want to get out on time and see their family. Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...