LLWS 2018

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2042 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 2 weeks later...

OK FOLKS.............for those not following Troy's blog, our very own @maineump has the dish for the OPENING GAME 8/16 at 1:00PM EST  Korea v. Puerto Rico (Volunteer)  ESPN

SET THE BAR BROTHER!!!!

8/17   4pm - 2B  Idaho v. Michigan  (Lamade)  ESPN

8/17   8pm - RF  Georgia v. Hawaii (Lamade)  ESPN

According to the color commentators, their stat provided to them was that this was the longest opening round game in the last 17 years.  South Korea ended up defeating Puerto Rico by a score of 4-2 in 9 innings.  (note for those not familiar with Little League……..it’s a 6 inning game)

Well, our boy had his hands full today in an epic battle between 2 international teams and there was only 1 error in the game.  @maineump's game started at 1pm EST.  The US game started at 3pm in Lamade Stadium and finished (in 5 & ½) minutes before the International. 

A long road.........but a job well done brother!

• Like 1

1) dig the Mizuno TI with the Spyder tg.

2) dig the super chill hammer mechanic 

3)rocking job on those two calls at the plate in the top 8! Nailed both of them!

4) how much of that Little League game check are you using to buy your crew dinner for making them go 9? Lol

I hope Troy can comment on all the nonsense that went on with the coaches and the appeal and replay in the 6th (iirc)

FWIW I watched 7 innings and it was time to go home    I thought Troy did a awesome job 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

1) dig the Mizuno TI with the Spyder tg.

2) dig the super chill hammer mechanic 

3)rocking job on those two calls at the plate in the top 8! Nailed both of them!

4) how much of that Little League game check are you using to buy your crew dinner for making them go 9? Lol

Looked like a Rawlings TI. Could be wrong though

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the posts. I can answer a few of them here. The rest of the questions will be later. 

1. My mask is a Rawlings with spider. The TG is hand delivered from Japan. 

2. Yes we heard it was a record. Not a good one imo ☺  more on this subject someday. 

3. I got to see what the replay system was like. They have a good set up and I got to see what they saw in the reviews after the game. 

4. International relations was a key to this game. Interpreters were great to work with.

5. The pitchers were on. The kids were swinging. Despite the time, it was a great game and fun to do.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, stkjock said:

looking forward to the "nitty gritty" commentary in the future

what game are you working today?

posted above.......

8/17   4pm - 2B  Idaho v. Michigan  (Lamade)  ESPN

8/17   8pm - RF  Georgia v. Hawaii (Lamade)  ESPN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maineump said:

Thanks guys for the posts. I can answer a few of them here. The rest of the questions will be later. 

1. My mask is a Rawlings with spider. The TG is hand delivered from Japan. 

2. Yes we heard it was a record. Not a good one imo ☺  more on this subject someday. 

3. I got to see what the replay system was like. They have a good set up and I got to see what they saw in the reviews after the game. 

4. International relations was a key to this game. Interpreters were great to work with.

5. The pitchers were on. The kids were swinging. Despite the time, it was a great game and fun to do.

That was my original guess. But wasnt completely sold on it. Did the tg come with the guy that worked the Mex/Aus game? Cause that would be pretty cool. He did a fabulous job as well.

Also can't wait for the post series breakdown.

I just want to take a moment and throw this out there.  DO NOT be surprised if game times are bumped up.  As with any tournament, I feel safe in saying that they will do what they can to get all of the games in.  If they need to start earlier due to forecasts indicating weather concerns in the p.m................they may just do that.

23 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

correct ........  games - PA time! :D 

Well, that sucks! I'm on the west coast and it should be based on that time for me. (Is that millenial enough for you even though I'm not a millenial lol)

4 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I just want to take a moment and throw this out there.  DO NOT be surprised if game times are bumped up.  As with any tournament, I feel safe in saying that they will do what they can to get all of the games in.  If they need to start earlier due to forecasts indicating weather concerns in the p.m................they may just do that.

Are they expecting adverse weather today? I know they usually have at least one day every year where the weather sucks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

even with the TV schedule?

WTH is wrong with those bases? I understand the break-away concept, but these act more like throwdowns. 

Also, how did the AD Star baseballs hold up. I've heard from some softball guys, that the softballs were awful.