Looking to buy Honigs Polywools...

Fittske24
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2217 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2018 at 11:06 PM, Fittske24 said:

They are an optional pant....I'm still a poly-wool type of guy

Me too. Just ordered some more today.

Do you guys prefer the HONIGS poly-wool

Or the SMITTYS poly-wool

Going to purchase 2 pair, in a few days here, 1 plate, 1 base

I think I like the poly-wool look better than the 92/8 poly-spandex, or the all poly style.

Maybe I'll eventually give a pair of GDs in the future

I’m not Fittske or Mr. Ump and I work sporadic D II and below but I have both the original PBS1 and 2 Honig’s Poly-Wools and Smitty 4-way stretch in both plate and base. I’ve worn the Honig’s poly-wools exclusively at all levels and in all seasons from 2008 until 2017 when I tried the new Smitty “golf” pants. I call them that because I wear UnderArmour golf pants to work and except for the effin pleats in the Smitty pants they feel the same as the UnderArmours when wearing them.  Great pants except for two things in my opinion. 1. They are very baggy and roomy in the legs and in this freakin Kansas wind they flap like flags. Even the plate pants with F3 18.5 shinguards. 2. They seem kinda light and are a little chilly in the early spring and late fall games when it’s below 45 outside.

Both brands and style of pants look great though.  Love them both .

I don’t believe in one size or one style fits all. So, as long as the Honig’s PBS 1 and 2 last I will wear them in college games in colder (below 50 degree) weather and wear the Smitty’s the rest of the time. 

My .02........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1