Sign in to follow this  
Umpire in Chief

Time Play

They are very rare but there are some scenarios where you can have a time play with less than 2 outs...and just because you didn't signal with your partner pre-pitch that it's a time play doesn't change the fact that it's still could end up being a time play! If you're on the plate, in addition to all the other things you're responsible for, you must be aware of non-force third outs being made relative to runners trying to score at all times! 

~Dog

You're new here, so I'll ask nicely. Please don't dig up old posts just to add your 2¢.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Threads don't lock automatically after a time. And there might be reasons to revisit old threads, such as a rule or interpretation change, or compelling new video.

Threads with no new activity after a month are generally dead. That's not official forum policy, and I don't set official forum policy. 

You're also welcome to open a new thread on the same topic if you have valuable insights to share.

Copy all...I am doubling up on the same topic with a new thread rather than adding to an existing thread on that topic which would keep all the information together. That's conduct that gets me banned elsewhere. Thanks for setting me straight.

~Dog

Fine ... if nobody else is going to bring it up, I will.

Bumping a post about a time play 2 years after the fact = IRONIC!

(PS — I’m with you @SeeingEyeDog that it makes more sense to bump, but I’m in the minority here.)