Douglas Custom Gear

JSam21
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1478 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Thinking of getting a Douglas custom...always been a T-hooks guy because they are further front and less likely to "flip up" over a belly (not that I have one!).

I read Major Dave's cautions and thinking about just doing the clips. What are your thoughts?

17 hours ago, GerryB said:

Thinking of getting a Douglas custom...always been a T-hooks guy because they are further front and less likely to "flip up" over a belly (not that I have one!).

I read Major Dave's cautions and thinking about just doing the clips. What are your thoughts?

I sent mine off for T-hooks, tried them and reverted to the clips. I like that the clips don't show through my shirt and I feel I get just as tight of a fit with them.

• Like 1

I like the look of the gap protection. I bought one a few years and paid extra for the gap protection - they added a smaller version of the outer flap.  It made the shoulders look very very tall and I cut it off. This flat plate should work much better.

It does.....it's more like the wilson gold gap protection!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jwclubbie said:

Wonder what the price point on this is. And if they are doing SG. Wouldn’t this hurt Douglas custom and regular orders if cheaper? ......

If I remember correctly, the Force3 V1 masks on the Douglas page are priced right in line with the normal retail price for the Force3 masks.

On December 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM, codizzle said:

On December 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM, codizzle said:

@Thunderheads is exactly right. Jeff will take care of you and Douglas does a great job customizing. For me, they added plates for gap protection on the shoulder caps and wings for more protection around the armpits. Take a look...

How are those wings attached?

12 hours ago, JeBa said:

is this the same Smitty/Douglas chest protector?

https://www.blowyourwhistles.com/collections/chest-protector/products/smitty-by-douglas-chest-protector

........I know it doesn't have the gap protection near the armpits (neither did the refereestore item) - but price is better at $189.

Jeff

Looks to be. It's the exact same model Douglas sells on their page. But with the Smitty logo.

12 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Looks to be. It's the exact same model Douglas sells on their page. But with the Smitty logo.

I don’t get it. It’s the exact same price as the real Douglas.

Why would you buy a Smitty Douglas when you can buy a real Douglas for the exact same price?

6 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Why would you buy a Smitty Douglas when you can buy a real Douglas for the exact same price?

Maybe it's a One Stop Shop kind of thing. You get your uniform stuff AND a Douglas CP from the same website vs having to go to multiple sites?

On 2/19/2018 at 11:47 AM, wolfe_man said:

Well the one in the pics at least has black padding which isn't like the odd Royal Blue on the Douglas! 

• 1 month later...

Did anyone end up finding the list that had the prices for the gap protection and such? I am looking at adding that and maybe getting the padding touched up; but most definitely getting the Velcro fixed up on my black Douglas. 

wolfe_man

If you have a Douglas and want to get it modified, here are the estimates for the "normal" stuff:

•Gap Coverage:   $30

•Side Extensions:  $25

•T-Hook Slots & T-Hooks:  $25

•New Cushion (Black w/Black trim):  $95

•New Cushion (Custom Colors):  $125

•Different Color Trim:   $30

•Shipping estimate varies - allow $20

•Some states require tax to be added as well.

The man to contact for modifications is Mr. Jeff Cook.  He can be reached at:          jeffcook@douglaspads.com

photo.thumb.PNG.a4a19480f63606ccfb815bd1ac6dbe51.PNG
  •  
  •  
  •  
Posted May 16, 2017 If you have a Douglas and want to get it modified, here are the estimates for the "normal" stuff:
•Gap Coverage:   $30
•Side Extensions:  $25
•T-Hook Slots & T-Hooks:  $25
•New Cushion (Black w/Black trim):  $95
•New Cushion (Custom Colors):  $125
•Different Color Trim:   $30
•Shipping estimate varies - allow $20
•Some states require tax to be added as well.

The man to contact for modifications is Mr. Jeff Cook.  He can be reached at:          jeffcook@douglaspads.com

Awesome! I appreciate it, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk